Unreconciled payments through accountright API

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
heartmeat
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unreconciled payments through accountright API

We send invoices to our clients' myob accountRight files, using the AccountRight V2 API.

Invoices are sent to the /Sale/Invoice/Item endpoint.

If the invoice has been paid on our platform, we send a full payment against the invoice using the /Sale/CustomerPayment endpoint.

Everything is working well, except one client wants to reconcile the payments herself.|

Is there a sense in which I can send an "unreconciled" payment to this endpoint - and how would I go about it?

(No mention in the documentation, but my accounting knowledge is patchy at best)

cheers.

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Unreconciled payments through accountright API

Hi @heartmeat 

From an API perspective, sending a customer payment to a company file only applies the payment to the invoice and closes it. There’s nothing in how the payment comes through the API, that influences whether the payment is marked as “reconciled” in the bank account or not.

I’m wondering if this particular client of yours has signed up for Bank Feeds? This is a reconciliation tool which can mark transactions as ready to be reconciled, but its completely separate to the API functionality.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post