Allocating invoice payment with surcharge

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Singh_J
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Allocating invoice payment with surcharge

I have received an online payment from a customer. Amount was $855. Invoice automatically is marked as paid, and the surcharge amount is added as another transaction. The bank feed cannot allocated the transaction, as it is different from the amount for the invoice. So whilst the invoice is closed, the bank feed has a transaction for $870.39 including the surcharge, and I can't allocate it to the appropriate payment. It simply doesn't show up as an option. How do I allocate this? MYOB Essentials

3 REPLIES 3
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,890 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,890Posts

90Kudos

376Solutions

Re: Allocating invoice payment with surcharge

Hi @Singh_J

Thanks for reaching out. 

My understanding is we are using Online Invoice Payments (MYOB Payby). You can edit the ledger account where the surcharges come from and match the transaction with the invoice if you choose to. May I know what the amount of the invoice is compared to the bank transaction? 

Here is the Help Article Online invoice payments to guide you into allocating these transactions. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Singh_J
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Genreve_S ,

Thanks for the reply. I think I have it resolved.

I am using online payments. The transaction and surcharge automatically goes into Undeposited Funds. If I transfer from that to the Cheque account, then I can match it. Invoice was $855.00 and surcharge was $15.39

Is this the correct way to do it? Was the only way that seems to work.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,890 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,890Posts

90Kudos

376Solutions

Hi @Singh_J

Thanks for your response.

This is actually normally how Online Invoice Payments work. They will be going through undeposited funds for you to process them under "prepare bank deposits". 

I'm happy you are able to resolve your issue. If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post