Calculated Balance incorrect

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Toni9
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Calculated Balance incorrect

I had my account reconciled a week ago, but all of a sudden the calculated balance is not right. when i look in to it, the balance is from before the account was opened. I have checked the opening balance and it is correct at 0.00. Does anyone know how this could happen or how i can fix it?
4 REPLIES 4
Toni9
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Calculated balance

I had my account reconciled a week ago, but all of a sudden the calculated balance is not right. when i look in to it, the balance is from before the account was opened. I have checked the opening balance and it is correct at 0.00. Does anyone know how this could happen or how i can fix it?

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Calculated balance

Hi @Toni9 

Welcome to the Community Forum. We have identified a situation where users experience this error after undoing a Reconciliation, which causes the Reconcile Accounts window to not show the transactions which were part of that Reconciliation that was undone and causes the Calculated Balance not to match with the Ending Balance. 

Here are the steps to get it to refresh and show the correct amount again:

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts > Select Individual Bank Account in the drop-down list. 
  2. Check Date last reconciled, and Enter a fake date after that Statement date. (e.g. if the Last reconciled date was 1/5/22, you would put the Statement date to 1/5/23)
  3. Enter the Calculated statement balance into the Closing statement balance field, so that the Out of balance is $0.00.
  4. Press the Reconcile button. 
  5. Once the message appears saying it is Reconciled, click Undo > Yes, undo reconciliation.

Let me know how you get on and if the above does not resolve your issue can you send a screenshot to give me a clearer understanding of what it is exactly that you are seeing on your end? (Redacting any sensitive information or you can send it by Private Message).

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

VJoyce
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@SamaraM wrote:

Hi @Toni9 

Welcome to the Community Forum. We have identified a situation where users experience this error after undoing a Reconciliation, which causes the Reconcile Accounts window to not show the transactions which were part of that Reconciliation that was undone and causes the Calculated Balance not to match with the Ending Balance. 

Here are the steps to get it to refresh and show the correct amount again:

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts > Select Individual Bank Account in the drop-down list. 
  2. Check Date last reconciled, and Enter a fake date after that Statement date. (e.g. if the Last reconciled date was 1/5/22, you would put the Statement date to 1/5/23)
  3. Enter the Calculated statement balance into the Closing statement balance field, so that the Out of balance is $0.00.
  4. Press the Reconcile button. 
  5. Once the message appears saying it is Reconciled, click Undo > Yes, undo reconciliation.

Let me know how you get on and if the above does not resolve your issue can you send a screenshot to give me a clearer understanding of what it is exactly that you are seeing on your end? (Redacting any sensitive information or you can send it by Private Message).

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Hi 

I have the same problem.  I tried your solution of reconciling to a future date and then undo on the reconciliation but it has not fixed the problem.

I reconciled yesterday and everything was balanced.

PM doesn't seem to be working so will add a screenshot

Thanks 

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @VJoyce 

I am not seeing anything attached. Could you try attaching it in your reply again or sending it through in a private message? (instructions for both can be found here here)

If you could include the last 4 digits of your serial number and a screenshot of the reconciliation screen in your message that would be helpful. 

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post