Calculated Closing Bank Balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sparky1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Calculated Closing Bank Balance

Hi All,

I'm completing my first ever bank reconciliaiton on a new account. There have only been two transactions, both of  which I can see and have allocated, but the calculated closing balance is wrong.

I've confirmed that the opening balance was set as nil in the general ledger and confirmed only the new account is selected in the bank rec screen, so I'm struggling to understand the problem.  

Any help would be much appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Calculated Closing Bank Balance

HI @Sparky1 

Welcome to the Community Forum. As this is the first reconciliation, I recommend going through the transactions on the ledger (Banking > Find transactions) and broadening the to and from dates to check:

1. By comparing that window to the reconcile accounts window, check all the transactions are coming up on both.
  2. There haven't been any transactions accidentally entered before the opening balance date.

If it is not resolved by the above, could you respond with a screenshot of both as well as the last 4 digits of your serial number so I can assist you further?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post