Cannot record Transaction Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
INTHEHILLS
Partner
56 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

56Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot record Transaction Error

I had this issue with a couple files this weekend, when split transcation, received error - an unbalance transcation may not be recorded.  Unallocated amount is 0.00

Please fix error?

20230205_121910050223.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
getalifebookwor
4 Posts
User

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot record Transaction Error

I am getting this also its so annoying did you get a solution?

INTHEHILLS
Partner
56 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

56Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

No Solution as yet.

Kohia
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have exactly the same error and am totally over going back and forth back and forth trying to fix it.  I think its time for MYOB to start paying its users everytime there is an issue that takes forever to fix cause I dont get paid for my time trying to sort this type of issue out.  Im getting older and I dont have many more years left in me. It irks me to think I have to spend it trying to sort out these errors.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @INTHEHILLS 

Just testing a similar transaction to yourself within my environment I have been able to successfully allocate the transaction to those multiple accounts:

Capture 3.PNG

In saying that, I can see that a number of people have indicated they have received a similar situation. Wonder if someone could outline the exact process they are using to generate the allocation. In particular, does the tax values appear after selecting an account and you are removing the tax component. Getting more information and processes will help us further understand what is occurring and help replicate that situation so we can pass it across to the required team.

For those customers that may need to urgently record a transaction of this nature, using the Spend money and Recieve money windows then matching to that transaction would be the recommended approach.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

getalifebookwor
4 Posts
User

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

It is for me  in transactions trying to split between GST &  GST FRE

Maybe a rounding issue??  for some, that showed  -0 in red  I could change the split by a few cents and it worked without GST figure changing, ones like this can't get it to work at all 

MYOB error.JPG

Doing in bank feeds- Allocate - choose account - Tax code is set on account - choose 2nd account - different tax code - zero to allocate but wont accept as says is unbalanced

seems random had plenty that worked but random ones didn't, works your way in spend money & matching but will take much more time to enter, this is why we have bank feeds to avoid this?

I am a BAS agent with many transactions to process for multiple clients and clients will not be happy with extra time spent when they pay good money for MYOB subscriptions...this is a more recently upgraded file from essentials if that helps

Please try fix before next BAS time Smiley Happy

INTHEHILLS
Partner
56 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

56Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

I totally agree with the other comment by (getalifebookwor (User))  that it is effecting me more  when  spilt between GST,  and NT , such recording Purchases from Service Station, fuel and also they have personal items.  Also random, not every one, clitch in system, thats needs to be fixed.

Example showed was from another clients file, when he is not registerd for gst.

Fixed the bug, as not only me!!

Kohia
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I  found a way to make it work the first time and that was by removing list items and joining them with another list item.  So for eg cattle sales  where there are gst and gst gree levies and charges I pooled together.  Agent fees with cattle tags which is .  The accounting wont like it.  

When it happened again I couldnt not get it to work after adding deleting etc and after 5 attempts I gave up.  The end of financial year fiasco cost me well into $1000 because weird things happened and accountant eventually had to be called and they then worked with MYOB to sort issues.  Becoming a financial burden as well as time consuming.   

Jansmall
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is happening g to me as well but only happens when 3 or more accounts to allocate to

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your patience and assistance while we diagnose the situation to work toward a resolution.

We have identified that some users may experience an Unbalanced transaction error message when attempting to allocate their bank transactions. This is something that our team is currently looking into. In the meantime, the recommendation to get those transactions allocated is to manually generate the Spend money and Receive money transactions necessary and then match those to the necessary bank transactions. 

We will be providing an update when we have one to provide. However, impacted customer numbers will be collated and passed across to the required team to help identify the priority.

Once again thanks for your patience.

@INTHEHILLS @Jansmall  @Kohia @getalifebookwor 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post