Create a rule for multiple credit transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NNRk
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Create a rule for multiple credit transactions

Would love to see MYOB make it possible to set a rule in Essentials so that ALL credit transactions are coded to Sales and then we have the ability to just change the minor transactions to other codes. Some of our clients that have retail, majority of all credits are to be coded to Sales. When you live in regional area and internet is slower, the allocation option takes way too long.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Create a rule for multiple credit transactions

Hi @NNRk 

I wouldn't be looking at creating a rule for that. I would just be bulk allocating all the transactions using the Allocate function to the single required account.

The way I would do that process would be:

1. Go through the list of transactions and allocate those transactions that you don't want to be allocated to the one respective account.
  2. Tick the respective transactions that you want to allocate to the one account i.e. Use the tickbox (far left) of the transaction
  3. Select the Allocate option and pick the account

All those transactions will be allocated to that one account without the need for a rule. Although, you may want to set up a rule for those individual transactions so they are allocated automatically to prevent you from needing to go through Step 1.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

NNRk
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Create a rule for multiple credit transactions

As I mentioned in my previous comment, we live in a regional area and with current internet we sit there watching the MYOB purple circle go round and round (circle of death). A MYOB Consultant recommended us raising this on the Essentials Ideas exchange.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post