Customer overpayment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MJ7
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer overpayment

Hi

I have a customer who paid 3 invoices in one bulk amount.  He overpaid.  For example:

Invoice 1:  $9783.18
Invoice 2:  $167.40

Invoice 3:  $1207.80

Total Amount due:  $11 158.38.

The customer paid me $12 636.14 which means they overpaid by $1477.76.  I have transferred the overpayment back into his account.

*  How do I allocate this bulk overpayment amount to the 3 invoices in the Bank Transactions feed as it won't let me match the amount to the 3 different invoices.

*  How do I allocate the refunded amount of $1477.76 that I gave him back that is now sitting unallocated in my Bank Feed?

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Customer overpayment

Hi @MJ7 

In this case, please record the invoice payments manually - receive the exact invoice amounts for 2 of the invoices, then record all the remaining amount to the 3rd invoice, which will result a customer return created automatically for the overpayment. Then you can go to Sales > Customer returns to refund this overpayment.

After that, you shall be able to match the bank transaction of $12636.14 to the 3 invoice payments, and the refund bank transaction to the customer refund transaction as well. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post