Help! Allocations & Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Claire061
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Help! Allocations & Invoices

Hey Everyone! I am getting ready to complete my first BAS so I am tidying up all my unallocated bank feed transactions but I've found a problem. 
When we get a invoice paid I hit the "save payment" option on the invoice so the invoice is closed off and marked as paid but I am also allocating that same payment from the bank feeds so it is doubling our equity and going in twice. So going forward what is my easiest option to fix this ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 😊 

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Help! Allocations & Invoices

Hi @Claire061 

Allocating bank transactions to account is effectively creating a spend money/receive money transaction for that amount, it will certainly create double ups if you are also recording the payment manually.

The bank transaction can be matched to open invoices/bills to close them off, this also saves data entry. Bank transactions can also be matched to transactions manually recorded in the software. I would highly recommend going through this Help page - Working with bank transactions, which explains what you can do with bank transactions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post