Inter-company funds transfers

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LyndsayB
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Inter-company funds transfers

Hi, I have seen an example of this in Quick Books but would need to set this up in my MYOB accounts

as setting up an inter-company funds transfer account with different bank accounts is cruical at this point for me.

Can someone show me how best it can be done in MYOB

Regards Lyndsay

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Inter-company funds transfers

Hi @LyndsayB 

Thanks for your post. If you have multiple companies you can set up loan liability accounts, for example, in Company A set up a loan liability account for Company B. When you create the loan liability accounts select Credit Card as the Account Type.

If Company A pays a Company B bill, enter the bill as normal in Company B. When recording the payment, or if you're recording a Spend money transaction, select the Company A liability account in the Bank account field. In Company A record a Spend money transaction, select the bank account in the Bank account field and allocate to the Company B liability account.

If funds are transferred between different company's bank accounts, record Transfer money transactions. The From account is the account funds are being withdrawn from and the To account is the account funds are being deposited to. For example, Company A transfers funds into Company B's bank account, in Company A the From account is the bank account and the To account is the Company B liability account. In Company B the From account would be Company A liability account and the To account is the bank account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post