MYOB Essentials - Bank Reconciliation Out Of Balance

BarbED
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials - Bank Reconciliation Out Of Balance

MYOB Essentials Bank Reconciliations currently out of balance.  I have undone 2 years of bank reconciliations (back to the start) and still, first statement still out of balance even though every transaction matches.  They were not out of balance at 30/06/2022 when reconciled but now they are.  I have checked opening balance ($0.00 - No Issues).  When I do a Bank Transaction Report the bank balance matches the bank statements for EVERY month/2 years but when I try to reconcile there is $8.00 that it is out of balance.  I cannot do a GJ Entry as it will throw out my balance sheet by the $8.00.  Have checked bank statements off against bank reconciliations and all matches.  Magically have an invisible $8.00 transactions.  I have also opened the reconciliation up to 01/07/9999 incase there is a forward dated transaction throwing it out but nothing.

Advice please?

4 REPLIES 4
SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials - Bank Reconciliation Out Of Balance

Hi @BarbED 

I can see from your account that you were able to speak with our inbound support team and reached a result.

I trust that this query has been sorted.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

MayRahim
Trusted Cover User
40 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Hi,

I have the same problem, can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks

May

SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Hi May (@MayRahim)

The workaround that was tried was by doing a "fake" reconciliation and then undoing it.

To do this; enter the bank balance the same as the closing balance (so this way it will allow you to press reconcile). When doing this, make sure the date is in the future (e.g. 31/10/2023), then select reconcile. After it's reconciled, undo that reconciliation.

Doing this should refresh the system to show the correct last reconciliation date and amounts. If it is unchanged, then please reply with a screenshot of your reconciliation and the last 4 digits of your serial number. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

MayRahim
Trusted Cover User
40 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Hi SamaraM,

I did it and it didnt work.

I attached a screenshot of the reconciliation which it should be 0, I highlighted the credit transaction of $49.60 on 29/12/2022 that the system doesnt accept it in the reconcilation process.

the last 4 digit of our MYOB serial no. is: 0032

thank you

May

Capture.JPG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post