Matching Payroll Transactions in the Bank Account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stephen_bbacc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Matching Payroll Transactions in the Bank Account

Hello,

I'm having issues with matching payroll transactions in the 'banking transactions' section for our MYOB essentials file. I have recorded the wages using the 'Pay Runs' function in the payroll section and haven't encourtered any issue there. When I go into the 'Bank Transactions' section to 'match or allocate' the payment transaction of the wage it doesn't appear to show the 'pay run' allocation that I entered previous and thus I cannot match the transaction.

It has worked previously and I haven't made any changes in MYOB or to the bank account. The other MYOB functionalities (Payroll & Live Bank Feeds) appear to be working correctly. It just doesn't show the 'pay run' in the matching section so I can reconcile the transaction in the bank account.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this issue with 'matching transactions' in MYOB essentials?

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter!

Kind Regards,

20 REPLIES 20
endtop
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Matching Payroll Transactions in the Bank Account

I'm having the same issue. I paid my employee and then try to match the possible found in the Bank transaction,but its not popping in there. i havent made any changes, and just a day before it was all good all of a sudden i'm having this issue.

please help!!!

stephen_bbacc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Endtop,

DId you have any luck resolving this issue on your MYOB file?

I haven't heard anything back from MYOB and I'm struggling on trying to resolve the problem.

Kind Regards,

endtop
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen,

No, i havent heard anything back yet from MYOB, still waiting for them to reply.

I'm still struggling to solve that issue!

Hopefully they will come to us soon.

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @stephen_bbacc @endtop,

Thank you for your posts and sorry to see no one has responded to your query yet, I'd be happy to assist you both with this. 

To work out why your pay transactions are not appearing for matching in bank transactions the first thing I'd check is the actual pay transaction. Go to Banking>>Find transactions>>Transactions tab>>Source journal: Payroll>>click on the reference no to open the transaction and check the Account selected. 

If the Account is the electronic clearing account you'll need to go to Banking>>Prepare electronic payments>>enter the date payment was made>>tick the pay transaction and click on Download bank file. You can then go to Bank transactions and match the bank feed with the electronic payment transaction. You don't need to upload the bank file to your bank as payment has been made.

If it's a payroll clearing type of account you can record a general journal or transfer money to transfer the amount from the clearing account to the bank account.

Also, make sure the pay transactions haven't been manually reconciled as that will stop them from appearing in bank transactions.

Learn about payroll changes after upgrading

Why are employee pays missing in bank reconciliation

Electronic payments

Please let me know how you both go with this. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

stephen_bbacc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply, that has certainly helped shed some light on the problem.

I'm still having a problem with this part 'tick the pay transaction and click on Download bank file'. When I click on the 'download bank file' it pops up a window which says 'edit account' and asks me to fill-in all these relevant bank details for an account which doesn't exist (i.e. the electronic clearing account).

Do I just need to fill in some 'dummy' information to the electronic clearing account to get the 'download bank file' button to work?

Many thanks for your help on this matter.

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you please confirm which account you are selecting from the 'Account' dropdown in the 'Prepare electronic payments' window? You need to make sure you are selecting the bank account that the money has come out of, not the 'Electronic clearing account' (as this is where the funds are currently sitting). 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

stephen_bbacc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I couldn't access MYOB for while (Not sure if our internet was playing up).

I have the business transactions account selected and I'm still receving the same problem. It basically pops up with this the 'edit account' window and says 'More details are required before this account can be used to create ABA bank files'.

Is it possible to get in touch with you via telephone to discuss this issue? - I'm just not sure if I'm doing this incorrectly but I cannot get it to work past that.

Kind Regards,

endtop
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your response

We have made the payment manually from our bank account. I believe this transaction should be allocate in the bank account from the account dropdown.

I think it looks all good now 

@Sam_R wrote:

Hi @stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you please confirm which account you are selecting from the 'Account' dropdown in the 'Prepare electronic payments' window? You need to make sure you are selecting the bank account that the money has come out of, not the 'Electronic clearing account' (as this is where the funds are currently sitting). 

@Sam_R wrote:

Hi @stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for your reply. 

@Sam_R wrote:

Hi @stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for your reply. 

@Sam_R wrote:

Hi @stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks again!

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @stephen_bbacc,

Thanks for confirming that. 

In this case, the first thing you will need to do is check that your Electronic Clearing Account is set as the linked account for electronic payments (Accounting menu > Manage linked accounts > Accounts & Banking tab)

image.png

Next, Go to the Accounting menu and choose Chart of Accounts, click the account your electronic payments will come from (business transactions account), and select the option 'I create ABA bank files for this account'. You will then need to type the three-letter Bank code that identifies your bank, for example, NAB, ANZ, CBA, or WBC, and also type the Direct entry user ID (0000 in your case). Press save. 

Please let me know if the issue persists when you try to download the bank file again. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post