Matching bank transaction to myob invoices with a surcharge

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NannasCrystals
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Matching bank transaction to myob invoices with a surcharge

MYOB invoices are automatically matching payments that have been paid online which is great. Excpet 1. It sometimes matches them to the wrong invoice 2. When it comes time to for me to match transactions from my bank feed I can't because the totals don't match when a surcharge has been applied.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue before I throw the computer out the window?

1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Matching bank transaction to myob invoices with a surcharge

Hi @NannasCrystals 

Thanks for your post. 

When a customer makes a payment, the details will automatically be entered into your MYOB business, and the invoice will be closed off. We'll also send you an email with a detailed break down of the payments.

Note that the payments you receive will be recorded as unmatched and the surcharge fees will be recorded under the ledger account you chose when you turned on surcharging (see the steps above). The surcharge amount will have the same reference number as the received payment, but with an additional 'S' at the end. 

For example, say you receive three online payments on Monday. The payment details of each transaction will be listed as unmatched. MYOB will deposit the total of the three payments overnight into your bank account as one lump sum. So on Tuesday, you would match the deposited transaction that will appear on your bank feed and bank statements. For more information see Matching bank transactions.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post