Matching transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Matching transactions

in the OLD SYSTEM i would create a invoice then select save...I would then go to banking.bank transactions then i would find the transaction in the list...next to the transaciton it would show match found and I would match it to the purchase I made...but now its not doing this in the NEW SYSTEMMan Frustrated I have to now go back into the purchase and enter the payment date and how it was paid then go back to banking>bank transactions then it will say match found and I match the transaction HOWEVER this is taking more of my time amd seems backards to remove this featureMan Frustrated 

25 REPLIES 25
Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Matching transactions

I accidentally made a post about the same issue just now. The new system is supposed to be more efficient, but I have found the exact oppposite in many areas; things that took a couple of seconds now take more than a minute. It is very frustrating.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@37093709 wrote:

I accidentally made a post about the same issue just now. The new system is supposed to be more efficient, but I have found the exact oppposite in many areas; things that took a couple of seconds now take more than a minute. It is very frustrating.

i agree i find it annoying...its taking me longer now not quicker...

Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

This is the third day I have used the new MYOB Essentials, and I am still finding things that do not make sense. Every day since the update, I have gone home from work mentally spent with a headache, just trying to get things done in the new system.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

yes agree...ive done chats with mYOB (within essentials) and got a rude man called xxxxx telling me i had to learn to live with itMan Frustrated...I spent over half an hour trying to exolain or find out why, when I am creating a bill from the intray that i can no longer enlarge the invoice...instead i have to zoom it up...which is ok but he tool 45 minutes to get to thisMan Frustrated

Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, unfortunately 85% of the time I ring customer service, it takes way too long, and they are not very helpful. I seem to have a lot more success with the community forum in getting answers, although not always. There is also a suggestions board I have been referred to: https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Business-Essentials-Idea/idb-p/EssentialsIdeas

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst and @37093709 

Matching payments in the newer MYOB Business/Essentials platform works the same as it did in the original platform. This means that you don't need to manually record the payment transaction, you can match the bank feed to the bill transaction.

In Bank transactions click on the expand arrow and Match transaction. If the Bill transaction doesn't appear change the Search field to All transactions.

If you still have problems matching bank transactions to bill transactions please provide screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User
65 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

65Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

In the old MYOB Essentials, there would be suggested matches next to the transactions that you could match up, our new system doesn't seem to do this.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@37093709 wrote:

Yes, unfortunately 85% of the time I ring customer service, it takes way too long, and they are not very helpful. I seem to have a lot more success with the community forum in getting answers, although not always. There is also a suggestions board I have been referred to: https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Business-Essentials-Idea/idb-p/EssentialsIdeas

not sure about you but i am constantly (in the sales>invoices) Clicking on the clients name instead of the invoice number to open the invoice....this I find rather annoying.....Man Frustrated

also where it doesn't return to the invoices page after i save  invoice....just stays in the invoice page....Man Frustrated

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Tracey_H wrote:

Hi @LCrowhurst and @37093709 

Matching payments in the newer MYOB Business/Essentials platform works the same as it did in the original platform. This means that you don't need to manually record the payment transaction, you can match the bank feed to the bill transaction.um no it doesn't...have done several and it no longer does...

In Bank transactions click on the expand arrow and Match transaction. If the Bill transaction doesn't appear change the Search field to All transactions.

If you still have problems matching bank transactions to bill transactions please provide screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum. ill be doing more today so will be sure to send a screenshot...but again this is very time consuming....Man Frustrated

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post