Mystery transactions appearing when I do the next month's bank reconciliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PaulineD1
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Mystery transactions appearing when I do the next month's bank reconciliation

Hi

I reconcile my bank accounts each month after importing the bank file, allocating transactions to the appropriate income or expense code and then reconciling the account.

Twice now when I go to reconcile the next month - after the same process - I have many transactions (14 in fact) sitting there as unreconciled from the previous month. This freaked me out the first time. After investigation I realised they were not showing up in the accounts the unreconciled transaction were supposedly coded to. So when I delete them the account balances for the income and expense accounts are not affected. Where would these transactions be coming from. They are not generated by bank rules or templates.

5 REPLIES 5
TJTOO
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Mystery transactions appearing when I do the next month's bank reconciliation

I dont have an answer for you but I've had similar, where I've gone to reconcile the account and the account balance is out, when I go back through the transactions, some of my account transfers have been doubled up.

PaulineD1
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Mystery transactions appearing when I do the next month's bank reconciliation

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how this might be happening? I guess I will wait till my next EOM reconciliation of the account to see if it happens again.

SupportNoteGuy
MYOB Staff
168 Posts
MYOB Staff
Australia
MYOB Staff

168Posts

74Kudos

11Solutions

Hi @PaulineD1 - sorry for the late reply!

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Kind regards,

Adrian
PaulineD1
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Adrian

I will see how I go when I reconcile the account for the February transactions.

Pauline

PaulineD1
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

All good this month.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post