Previously reconciled tansactions reappearing as unreconciled

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jeano
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Previously reconciled tansactions reappearing as unreconciled

I reconcile the bank account every month. When I went to reconcile October, 2 transactions from September and one from March have reappeared as unreconciled, and the expected bank balance is out by the total of these transactions. I have had this issue before, and undid the reconciliations back to the offending tranasactions, then re-reconciled. However, I would rather not have to do this, especially for 7 months of reconciliations. Also, it shouldn't be happening. These transactions were reconciled and have somehow become un-reconciled. Is there another way to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Previously reconciled tansactions reappearing as unreconciled

Hi @Jeano 

Thanks for your post. Editing reconciled transactions will cause them to become unreconciled. As bank reconciliations follow on from the previous one, ie Calculated closing balance is last reconciled balance plus ticked transactions, the only way to fix this is to undo and re-do the affected reconciliations.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jeano
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for your response. So I understand that even if I just upload a further document, such as a receipt, it unreconciles? This is crazy! We are trying to go paperless, but if I can't add documentation at a later date, I will continue to need a paper file.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Jeano 

Changes that require you to click Save/Record will unreconcile the transaction as it is changing the originally recorded transaction. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post