RNR2022
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Subcontractor Payments fortnightly - create an aba file

I am currently using MYOB Essentials.  When paying contractors/subcontractors, I have to enter their invoices in MYOB and again in the bank.  Can I create an ABA file, same as how it is done in the payroll?  This will eliminate the double entry I am currently doing.

2 REPLIES 2
RNR2022
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Subcontractor/contractor payments - using an ABA file

I am currently using MYOB Essentials.  Invoices from contractors and subcontractors are added in MYOB and then again in the bank when making a payment.  Is there a way I can create an ABA file that I can load directly into the bank thereby eliminating one of the steps which is manually adding them into the bank.  Similar to how the payroll is done.  If this cannot be done, can I do an excel spreadsheet and upload this as an ABA file?  If so how do I go about doing this?  I am currently paying about 30-50 contractors fortnightly.  Trying to work smarter and not harder.Smiley Happy

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
11,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,424Posts

1,351Kudos

1,711Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Subcontractor Payments fortnightly - create an aba file

Hi @RNR2022 

Thanks for your post. Having a look at the account linked to your Forum log in you're using the original MYOB Essentials. Paying suppliers electronically with an ABA file is not possible in the original platform. However, it is a feature in the newer MYOB Essentials platform. All files are being migrated to the newer platform so you will be able to use this feature once your file is migrated. We're not able to provide a timeframe for when specific files will be migrated. 

Electronic bank files are prepared using the Australian Bankers’ Association (ABA) file format. This means that the file extension needs to be .aba, as such, you wouldn't be able to upload an excel file for processing with your bank.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post