Transaction description missing in Match Transactions

Lopez2
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Transaction description missing in Match Transactions

The new version of MYOB Essentials shows a blank space where the description should be (employee's name)  next to the amount in Banking - Bank Transactions - Allocate-  Match transactions if the employee was ported over from the previous version (which worked fine by the way). The description field is blank and there is only a reference number which can only be seen when the transaction is individually opened. 

Under 'Find Transaction' in the Banking subfolder the description field correctly shows the name.

Please help, it is very time consuming to allocate the transactions when you can't see what they are.

Other issues: 

• Employee pay history will not allow you to view by pay run - only Monlthy Quarterly or Year to Date - pointless
  • When adding pay items to an employee, every single pay item ever made shows up as an option which includes pay items of the same name but at different historical rates. These historical pay items cannot be deleted and there doesn't seem to be an option to hide them. This makes it very easy to attach an incorrect pay item to an employee
  • On the change over to the new version MYOB has arbitrarily made all the employees Full Time despite most being Part Time and Casual.

I was on hold to MYOB for over an hour to resolve these issues but hung up on between departments.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
11,793 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,793Posts

1,387Kudos

1,766Solutions

Re: Transaction description missing in Match Transactions

Hi @Lopez2 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. The description field in Bank transactions comes from the Pay slip message field in the employee card>>Standard Pay tab. As this is a change from the original platform, pay transactions recorded prior to migration won't display that description. Pays processed in the newer platform will display that pay slip message in the Bank transactions window.

To view employee Pay history, go to Reporting>>Payroll tab>>Pay run history report or Payroll activity/register reports. Or, in Payroll>>Pay runs>>click on the date of the pay run you wish to view>>click on employee name to view the pay transaction.

For pay items no longer used, add ZZZ to the start of the pay item name. The pay item will then appear at the bottom of any selection lists reducing the risk on linking incorrectly to employees. Once a pay item has been used in a pay run it can't be deleted, this is because it is still required to run historical reports.

In the original MYOB Essentials platform the Employment basis field didn't exist. For this reason, all employees are assigned the Employment basis Full time by default when the file is migrated to the newer platform. The Help Article, Post-upgrade payroll tasks, has a list of details that should be checked in the upgraded file.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post