Unallocated Bank Transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
poko
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unallocated Bank Transactions

Since the upgrade to MYOB Essentials, when allocating transactions from a list of "unallocated transactions", a refresh of the list no longer occurs each time a transaction is allocated.

The most obvious "problem" this creates is when you are trying to do a transfer between two unallocated transactions.  After allocating one of them, the second will remain unallocated until you refresh the list of transactions which gives the impression the transfer has not worked.  Previously if you allocated either of the unallocated transactions in a transfer to another unallocated transaction, both would automatically be removed.  The less obvious "problem" is that once an allocated transaction is allocated to an account code, it remains on the list until a refresh is done which when the list is long involves having to scroll down to find the remaining unallocated transactions.

Why is it necessary to have to refresh the list of unallocated transactions to confirm they have been allocated? 

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Unallocated Bank Transactions

Hi @poko 

Thanks for your feedback. This occurs more frequently during matching a transfer in order to ensure the transactions are properly matched as one transaction has already been allocated. That said, I understand your concerns regarding having to refresh the bank feeds window and have passed on your comments to the development teams.

Please feel free to post if you further suggestions or queries. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

poko
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unallocated Bank Transactions

Thanks @Komal_S.

I do hope the development team look at this, as unless it was a conscious design decision NOT to refresh the list each time an unallocated transactions is allocated, this should have failed regression testing during the build for the upgrade.  I personally can't see how it is correct behavious that a transaction that has been matched continues to appear on the list of unallocated transactions until the user does a manual refresh.

Regards, POKO.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post