cash transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kefa
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

cash transactions

Hi there. Since the upgrade my myob has not been keeping a record of cash rransactions. There is no option for "Cash" on the bank transactions tab. Only business account and savings account.

Can you please help me with this as I need to be able to bring a record up to check.

Cheers

kefa

6 REPLIES 6
kefa
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

cash record

Hi again. I just found a transaction record for cash payments but it has a lot of eftpos payments included even though I have "cash" selected.

Please advise

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: cash transactions

Hi @kefa 

The accounts that are listed in the Bank transactions window would be the bank (or credit card) accounts that you have imported at the statement for using the Import Statement OR have received bank feeds on. For an account not to be listed it means that you haven't received bank feeds on it or imported a statement. In saying that, transactions for that account should still be listed in the Banking>>Find transactions window.

Please note: I assumed by Cash transactions you have meant transactions through a "cash" bank account within your MYOB Essentials product. Cash transactions in accounting can also mean payment basis - which should be occurring when you make payment on your transactions (as opposed to accrual which is when you invoice).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

kefa
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven. Thanks for that advice. I actually meant Petty Cash. Myob used to give petty cash balance on the dashboard and now doesn't. Nor can I find anywhere a record of transactions. It does give me a correct balance though on one of the journal (or reports) pages, although the page includes eftpos transactions. QWhere do I find petty cash transaction records? I enter payments ok and transfer petty cash to the business account ok, but there is no transaction page for petty cash.

Cheers

kefa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @kefa 

There is a variety to find the transactions for that account such as:

• The  Banking>>Find transactions window (as mentioned in my previous post)

• A report on that account such as the Accounts Transaction or the General Ledger report

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

kefa
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi again Steven. I still haven't solved this problem with petty cash on myob. When I want to "spend money", a tab comes available "petty cash", but when I want to find a record of petty cash transactions or a balance I can't find it anywhere.

Cheers

kefa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @kefa 

So we can investigate further would you mind providing some indication of what you are seeing in the Banking>>Find transactions window when you do a search by that account in the Debits and Credits window. 

Alternatively, a copy of the  Accounts Transaction or General ledger report for that account for a suitable date range.

Also getting a transaction that you are looking for in that window/report would be ideal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post