deposit & bank reconcilliation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
new_boda
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

deposit & bank reconcilliation

Hi there

I've some questions about how to match a deposit with bank transactions. and the following steps are what I do currently:

if I create a customer return for the customer's deposit, there will be a CNXXX123 in the system. and when i received the customer's deposit, this transaction will be present in the bank feed. so how to reconcile the CNXXX123  to the same transaction in the bank feeds.

Kind regards

Jess

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: deposit & bank reconcilliation

Hi @new_boda 

Thanks for your post. Creating a customer return records a credit note which can refunded to the customer or applied to outstanding invoices. 

When a customer pays a deposit you need to record a Take payments transaction. The Take payments transaction will appear to be matched with the bank feed deposit.

Customer payments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

new_boda
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. And there are some unsolved problems when i use the take payment function.

for example, i already created a customer return, maybe $100.00, and the system create the CRXXXX001.

Then, when I click the take payment and choose the 'from', 'date', and 'the total amount received'.  but the windows pop out and said "a payment cannot be entered because no open sales exist for this customer"

and one more question, when i choose the "notes", i could not find the CRXXX001. 

Kind regards

Jess

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@new_boda 

Hi Jess

You need to delete the customer return and enter the deposit as a Take payment transaction. Customer returns are for situations where you owe the customer money. For example, a customer buys an item, you create an invoice and the customer then returns the item. As the customer no longers owes payment for that item you create a customer return and apply it to the invoice to reduce the balance or close the invoice.

When a customer pays you for an invoice you need to record a Take payment transaction. The Take payment transaction will show as a deposit for matching with the deposit in bank feeds.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post