Attached documents

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Suso1961
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Attached documents

I've just started using Business Pro and would like to attach documents such as invoices and not retain copies elsewhere offline. If I cancel my subscription will I be able to retrieve these documents in the future? ATO requires retention for tax purposes for five years.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,000Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Attached documents

Hi @Suso1961 

I don't recommend using In Tray or attachments for record keeping purposes. I have seen a user who had 15k attachments online (using AccountRight not Business Pro) - the attachments are stored elsewhere on MYOB's severs, not in your file. And there is no simple way to retrieve. You need to open each attachment one at a time and save it to your own computer if you ever end your subscription, or even if you start a new file.

And if you do get audited by the ATO, they won't log in and retrieve the documents for you, you will need to do that yourself. Best to keep your own copy on your own computer.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Suso1961
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @gavin12345. That's very clear and confirms my doubts, and given I have a very fast fibre internet and they still take ages to upload, I'll store them elsewhere. I appreciate your time.

S.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,861 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,861Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @gavin12345@Suso1961  , we (DataWise) do have a solution where users can download all attachments to purchases (not to Spend Money) and save them to a local folder. The file names include the invoice number for reference. Anybody wanting to use this solution would need to purchase our report writer, and import a script which we would supply.  

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post