Can't create advisor account - "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AndreeL
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't create advisor account - "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

I need to give my tax accountant access to my file. By mistake I used "Create user" instead of "Create advisor". The invitation was not accepted and I have deleted the user in Essentials. (It is no longer visible there, but please see below.)

Still, when I do "Create advisor" I get an error "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

Also, when I follow the link "Manage user access via my.MYOB" I can see (with the email address of the worngly created and deleted user):

Online File UsersStatusAction
<email address> (email address)Invitation cancelled 07 Sep 2022Resend invitation

How can I delete this email address so that I can then use it again to create an advsior user for it?

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Andree

3 REPLIES 3
AndreeL
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I need to give my tax accountant access to my file. By mistake I used "Create user" instead of "Create advisor". The invitation was not accepted and I have deleted the user in Essentials. (It is no longer visible there, but please see below.)

Still, when I do "Create advisor" I get an error "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

Also, when I follow the link "Manage user access via my.MYOB" I can see (with the email address of the worngly created and deleted user):

Online File UsersStatusAction
<email address> (email address)Invitation cancelled 07 Sep 2022Resend invitation

How can I delete this email address so that I can then use it again to create an advsior user for it?

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Andree

PS: I posted this on Fri under Getting Started, but didn't get a repy, so thought may be this is the better forum.
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Can't create advisor account - "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

Hi Andree (@AndreeL)

Welcome to the Community Forum. On the Forum we encourage users to offer advice and assistance, as such, you won't always receive an immediate response from an MYOB Moderator. If you do require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our phone-based or Live Chat teams.

In regards to changing the user access; you usually would be able to use the drop-down on the invitation already sent on my.myob to change the invitation to inviting them as an Advisor instead of File User. 

To do this: 

1. Click your business name and choose Users
  2. Click the user's name

3. In the Access section, choose Adviser under the User Type dropdown

4. Click Save

If you are still not able to change the user type, please send me a Private Message with the following and I can assist you further:

• Account name
  • Serial number
  • Email address of the impacted user 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

AndreeL
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can't create advisor account - "There is already a user with this email. Enter a different email."

Just in case anyone else has the same issue as I did here's the solution:

• In Essentials, choose Users from the company menu in the top right corner.
  • If in the new screen the user to be deleted is not listed, clcik the Status button and select all entries.
  • In the new screen (showing user details), click the Delete button in in the botton left corner.
  • Note: You may have to unassign rights first and click he Save button.

That's it. User was deleted and I could use Create advisor successfully.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post