MYOB Essentials update

ARJAY1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials update

After using MYOB happily for 12 years, this Essentials update is pathetic. I don't know why we were forced to update when the previous version worked perfectly, below are just some of the issues I'm having:

• Invoice PDF no longer attached to email

• Can no longer view bank balance on Dashboard

• Have to manually set $ values as Tax Exclusive for each Invoice (very frustrating when I forget to do so and   accidently send Invoice with wrong amount)

• Have to manually select option to email me a copy of Invoice, should automatically send copy as previous version

• No where to quickly view GST balance (previously on Dashboard)

• Adjustable Sales target has been removed from Dashboard

• Pie chart with Current & Overdue Invoices has been removed from Dashboard

• When receiving payment via Bpay or Credit Card, MYOB enters payment into wrong account. I have to manually correct it every time.

• Everything is so slow, every command consists of the spinning wheel

• There is no option to have Bpay/Credit Card surcharge automatically credited to MYOB.

• When client pays via Bpay/Credit Card, bank balance & MYOB balance do not match even when I include surcharge.

• Everytime I call Product Support, it says wait time is 45 minutes and at times I have waited over 90 minutes with no support.

These issues need to be fixed or I'll have to find another provider.

12 REPLIES 12
Guvner
2 Posts
User

2Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials update

Agree with all of the above. Especially the dashboard changes. Why not allow users to configure it in "widget" fashion so we can see what we want, not what MYOB thinks we want..

As for bugs, add: Client Statement downloads as "Invoice.pdf".

I want the old version back please, until this version is fixed.

essentialuser1
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Agree with all of this and will also add:

- New payslip template is an embarrassment. I have to apologise to employees for all the nonsense on it. We used to have a very attractive and easy to read payslip in the old essentials.

I don't understand why you would make so many changes, taking away menu options, user friendly screen interfaces and reports. This is not an upgrade - this is a downgrade for me and I am also considering other software providers.

ARJAY1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

100% agree with you. It would've been a good to send out a survey to ask the Users what WE think they could improve on, not the developers assuming what we need / don't need.

ARJAY1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Well said, the Widget is a great suggestion. I will bring it up next time I call tech support.

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,234 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,234Posts

377Kudos

15Solutions

The same issues are now faced by New Essentials / MYOB Business and AccountRight Browser users.

It's all the same platform.

Here is listed of the issues I came across when testing AccountRight Browser

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/AccountRight-Browser-Version-is-just-awfu...

Ando1961
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have actually been waiting for the upgrade as I am looking for Purchase Orders to be attached.

Not sure I want it now after reading all the comments !!  The dropping out has been a major issue for me as well.

I have also been looking at other software & was wondering if you have found a good replacement. 

I have been looking into Xero but i am still unsure if its actually better.

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,234 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,234Posts

377Kudos

15Solutions

Hi @Ando1961 

If you want to have a look at the new Essentials before you are upgraded, just sign up for a free trial.

No credit card details are needed and all you need is an email address.

That way you will get 30 days to have a look at what's coming when upgraded.

After 30 days, they will just delete the trial account credited.
Just use a different email address from your current MYOB email address.

Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
6,647 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,647Posts

468Kudos

744Solutions

Hi @ARJAY1

I'm sorry to hear that you're not liking the upgraded platform, we do appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to our teams. I'd just like to touch on a few points you've made:

• Invoice PDF no longer attached to email; Invoices can be downloaded as a PDF and attached to your invoice in the email invoice window. This is example on this help article Emailing, printing or downloading invoices. 

• There is no option to have Bpay/Credit Card surcharge automatically credited to MYOB.; There is an option to automatically turn on surcharge for card payments, this can be set up in the Payments tab. This help article also has information on how to do this. 

• When receiving payment via Bpay or Credit Card, MYOB enters payment into wrong account. I have to manually correct it every time.; I'd recommend checking which account you've selected in your Invoice payment settings for the 'Select a bank account to record online invoice payments' field. If you've selected the right account in this window and payments are going to an incorrect account do let me know. 

Additionally, our article Learn about general feature changes after upgrading has more information on the changes and upgrades made in this upgrade. I've passed on your feedback in regards to the changes that have been made,  If you wish to offer additional feedback on this, you're welcome to do so via the Feedback & Complaints channel on our Contact us page

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,234 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,234Posts

377Kudos

15Solutions

Hi @Melisa_D 

As this also affects AccountRight Browser users I will add my comments to this.

Invoice PDF no longer attached to email; Invoices can be downloaded as a PDF and attached to your invoice in the email invoice window. This is example on this help article Emailing, printing or downloading invoices. 

This needs to change and is not acceptable that MYOB has removed the option to attach PDFs to the invoices. Many of our customers WANT AND/OR NEED PDF attachments for the accounting systems.
This is another feature that has been removed from the Desktop Version in the Browser version.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post