Recording personal transactions as owner drawings setup

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dragontec
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Recording personal transactions as owner drawings setup

G'day all

looking for some help many variable answers that I have found but still left confused 😐 

I am a sole trader

I have just started a business

I need to enter expenses bills and receipts for items purchased for the business

from what I have learnt I believe that this is done by the following

set up an account under credit cards 

label it owner drawings as I am a sole trader (I am not a company so director loan I believe is not appropriate)

unsure as to the category for liability I believe it is current liability ? 

Goal to enter bills and receipts For purchases made Office equipment  etc

and when the business has earnings from invoices issued make repayments to myself for the start-up cost

any help would be much appreciated I know there are many topics on this but I have not been able to find something Pacific in regards to soul traders mainly companies

I am confused if it is a liability account only if you are a company director loan

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Recording personal transactions as owner drawings setup

Hi @Dragontec 

Thanks for your post. As we're not accountants we're not able to give specific advice on your account set up or allocating transactions. I would recommend checking this with your accountant.

Typically, Owners Drawings and Owners Contributions are equity accounts with contributions being money paid into the business. One way to handle business expenses paid for using personal funds would be to create a bank account called personal account. When recording a Spend money transaction you would select the personal account in the Account field and allocate the amount to the Owners Contributions account.

However, I would check with your accountant to ensure your set up and recording these amounts is correct for your business.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post