Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts list: Delete accounts

Experienced Partner

125Posts

281Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I was working with a client again setting up there chart of accounts

To have to scroll to the top of the page to press the delete button is clunky, time consuming and not intuitive

I would like to strongly sugesst that we can delete from the edit window which can be accessed by double clicking

If others agree, please vote for this suggestions to get MYOB moving to improve the system even more!

Thanks

"Deleting Chart of Accounts lines with ease :-) - complaint and constructive suggestion!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2016

Hi everyone,

With the new Accounts List interface, you no longer need to scroll to the top of the page to click 'Delete', the 'Delete' option can be accessed on the very right hand side of each account line.

Thank you very much for your support for this idea.

14 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

in AR

One click on arrow to open the box

Right click in the box and select the delete account.

Is it different in Essentials?

Ron

Geoff_Colwill
Experienced Partner
125 Posts
Experienced Partner

Thanks Ron

Yes this doesn't work in Essentials, only in AR Live

Geoffrey

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Geoff,

I agree, this is difficult when your working with accounts towards the bottom of the CofA and when you can't see the [Delete] button on the screen, it can take some to time figure this one out.

Alan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Geoff_Colwill 

As indicated by yourself, you can delete the accounts via highlighting the account and selecting Delete button at the top of the Accounts list WIndow.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the option to delete the accounts more easier than scrolling to the top of the window to vote and comment if required.

dominic
3 Posts
Cover User

This would not be a problem if the header lines were frozen so they stayed visible, rather than disappearing when scrolling down. Can't see it's a major job to fix it. Excel lets you do that, and can't believe it would be a problem doing it here. All other windows should fbe altered as well, as this happens all over the programme. A MAJOR TIME WASTING IRRITANT. Enough to make one stop using the programme.

Brian

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @dominic 

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, I have sheared your feedback with the team.

Kind regards,

Kat 

JPH
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner

The delete button which is at the very top of the Account List screen should be a hovering button that appears as you scroll down the page.  It is very time consuming to have to scroll all the way down to select the acouunt you want to delete, then scroll all the way up to press the Delete Button.

You should be able to press control and click to select multiple accounts at once and delete them in one go.  Often when a client starts a file they ask us to go and tidy up their chart of accounts and it's very time consuming in Essentials.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

With the new Accounts List interface, you no longer need to scroll to the top of the page to click 'Delete', the 'Delete' option can be accessed on the very right hand side of each account line.

Geoff_Colwill
Experienced Partner
125 Posts
Experienced Partner

Thanks for this functionality team

It make the my life and the life of my clients much easier

I also look forward to the other improvements in the pipeline

and I would love a revamp of Bank Reconciliations in Essentials too

Thanks for your great work so far

Cheers Geoffrey
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,