Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts list: Delete accounts

Experienced Partner

125Posts

281Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I was working with a client again setting up there chart of accounts

To have to scroll to the top of the page to press the delete button is clunky, time consuming and not intuitive

I would like to strongly sugesst that we can delete from the edit window which can be accessed by double clicking

If others agree, please vote for this suggestions to get MYOB moving to improve the system even more!

Thanks

"Deleting Chart of Accounts lines with ease :-) - complaint and constructive suggestion!"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2016

Hi everyone,

With the new Accounts List interface, you no longer need to scroll to the top of the page to click 'Delete', the 'Delete' option can be accessed on the very right hand side of each account line.

Thank you very much for your support for this idea.

14 Comments
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@CloverQ

@KattC

@Steven_M

@Geoff_Colwill

Hi Guys,

Well it appears that by fixing one problem a new one has been created.

Did anyone notice that when you are using the new Edit Chart of Accounts screen, you can no longer change an account's default tax code after entries have been posted to the account?.

As good as it is to roll out this new window, we still need the old one.

:-(

Alan

Geoff_Colwill
Experienced Partner
125 Posts
Experienced Partner

Good point Alan

Even though I use it a lot I hadn't come across that issue

Next evolution needs to fix that, before we loose access to the older one where it can be changed

Well spotted, eagle eye :-)

Thanks

Geoffrey

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Geoff_Colwill

Hi Geoff,

I actually spent 25 years as a software developer and 5 years running a Beta testing team for one of those software companies.

Alan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Geoff_Colwill & @AlanT

The ability to change a tax code on an account once a transaction has been recorded against it* with the New Accounts List is something that we have previously raised with the team for the future.

However thanks for bring it to the MYOB Community Forum attention. I'm sure others in the Community would find it helpful.

*Can happen at other times as well.