Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Allow the attachement of a document to a receive money and General Journal transactions

Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
New
New

Hi Team,

The ability to attach supporting documents to a General Journal or Receive money transaction is long overdue.

I have the situation where I like to attach the payment slip for our BAS to the payment that we make each time we lodge a BAS however this quarter the BAS results in a refund.

I cannot enter this transaction as a minus payment and when I create a Spend money transaction, I cannot attach a copy of the BAS for later reference.  As I am unable to attach a document to a General Journal entry either, the system has once again failed to be an efficient product to use.

Regards,

AlanT

13 Comments
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

Pauline23
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

janetcbell
1 Post
User

Also need to be able to attach to an Invoice

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@AlanT 

Hi Alan,

I love the idea of attaching supporting documents. I do the same with mastercard statements and link/attach them to each payment.

Just thinking outside the box... what would happen if you entered a spend money, attached a document, then entered a zero amount?  Once it voids, would the document still be viewable?

Good luck. I hope MYOB come up with a solution.

Jenni

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@AlanT 

Hi Alan,

I tried what I mentioned above today and it worked.  I entered spend money for a term deposit, attached the statement to the transaction (dated 30.6.23), via "attachments", not "in-tray", then entered a zero amount?  I entered the "Acct No" as the Term Deposit number in our Balance Sheet.  In the Memo field I typed, "Statement 30.6.23".  Once it voids, the document is still be viewable.  Unfortunately it doesn't work for GJs. Smiley Sad

All the best,

Jenni

Deb_G
2 Posts
User

I couldnt agree more. You need to be able to attached documents to all trnasactions like other softwares do. It works well in Xero.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Deb_G,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble in Attaching Documents. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response.  
Here's how to attach documents to these transactions:

Attaching Documents to Receive Money Transactions:

• Log in to your account and access the transaction you want to attach a document to. You can typically find this in the "Banking" or "Sales" module, depending on your MYOB version.
  • If you're creating a new Receive Money transaction, enter the relevant details, such as the bank account, date, and amount.
  • If you're editing an existing transaction, locate the transaction you want to attach a document to and open it for editing.
  • Look for an "Attach Document" or similar button or option in the Receive Money transaction screen. This may be represented by a paperclip icon or a "Browse" button.
  • Click this button to browse your computer's files and select the document you want to attach. Typically, you can attach PDFs, images, or other relevant files.
  • After attaching the document, make sure to save the Receive Money transaction. The attached document will be associated with this transaction for future reference.

Attaching Documents to General Journal Transactions:

Navigate to General Journal Transaction:

• Access the General Journal module in your MYOB account and create a new General Journal transaction or open an existing one that you want to attach a document to.
  • If you're creating a new General Journal transaction, enter all the necessary details for the transaction, including accounts and amounts.
  • If you're editing an existing transaction, locate and open the transaction for editing.
  • In the General Journal transaction screen, you should find an option to attach a document. This may be labeled as "Attach Document" or similar, often represented by a paperclip icon.
  • Click this option to select and upload the document you want to attach. Ensure it is in a compatible format, such as PDF or image files.
  • After attaching the document, save the General Journal transaction. The attached document will be linked to this transaction for future reference.

By following these steps, you can easily attach documents to Receive Money and General Journal transactions. 
You can also visit this help article for more information about: Attaching documents to bank transactions

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

Pauline23
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

@Earl_HD 

Hi Earl

Below is my screen when I edit a GJ. 

I cannot see any option to add a document as you have mentioned in your post.  No attach document or paperlip.

Can you please post a shot of your screen?

Thanks

Pauline

GJ.png

Deb_G
2 Posts
User

Hi Earl. Thank you for your reply.

I am pleased to see that the option to add documents has been added to invoices.

However there is still no option on the receive money or general journals.

You can add documents to receve money via the bank feeds screen. But, the attachment can only be viewed via the bank feeds screen later. This is fine if you have bank feeds but i have some accounts that cannot be added to bank feeds. I am therefore am not able to add documents.

I have not been able to find a work around for the journal entries, unless one of the accounts is a bank account and again can be added through bank feeds.

Regards

Debbie

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Deb_G

Thanks for your response. 

I understand there are some transactions that need to be recorded but are not connected to any bank feed transaction. In this case, you will need to create a spend money transaction from the Intray window. Creating transactions from the Intray window will make sure that the transaction created is already attached to the Intray document. Rest assured; this has been raised to the development team. Hopefully, there will be an improvement to how the application handles Intray documents. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again in the forum if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,

Genreve