Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Match partial invoice values

Experienced User

33Posts

89Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

I think Myob should be able to match uneven amounts that are deposited.

This is particularly troublesome for me as  I receive eftpos deposits containing several progress payments across multiple invoices. This makes matching to invoices incredibly difficult and I have to enter customer payments. This makes having bank feeds redundant to a degree.

There already is a column for matching called "amount to apply" but you cannot edit it. It would be ideal if this feature could be added.

Thanks,

Cathy

"Matching uneven deposit amounts"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2015

Hi @seachange and everyone

Thank you all for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and the matching of non-full payments.

I'm pleased to annouce that you can now match partial payment bank feed transactions in MYOB Essentials using the new Banking experience. For more information please see More flexible matching for bank transactions

11 Comments
GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @seachange 

I agree with you totally and have voted for it.

As Xero already has these features such as Reconcile a partially paid invoice and 

Find & match: find multiple bills or invoices to match multiple statement lines

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post, Cathy. We can certainly see the benefit in being able to specify an amount in the Amount to apply column. This would help in avoiding a Customer Payment transaction when only a part of the invoice is paid. We hope to have this ability included in a future update. We request others who would like this change to please vote and comment.
borcky
1 Post
User

I have just been on the phone for 40mins to sort this out and its such long winded process can you please up apdate this as i will have so many of these for the next few months grrrrrrr.

Gemini22
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I am too very frustrated with not being able to match part payments to invoices.  MYOB please advise when this option will be actioned, as I have just trialed Xero and its no problem with their software.

The above comments were back in February and you still have this under consideration!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise please advise urgently how I work around this issue.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your comments and vote @borcky and @Gemini22.  Your feedback has been passed on to our product development team for consideration.

@Gemini22 - I've posted a detailed response to your post on how to deal with these part payments. -

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Matching-part-payments-to-invoices/m-p/26785...

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

seachange
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Suja,

Thank you for posting a detailed response as to how to workaround this problem in myob.

To assist all the other users, can you also please add to that response, that when matching they MUST select the 1st part payment. If the second one is selected MYOB will treat the invoice as completely paid. The 2 part payments are indistinguiable in description other than the dollar value. This could be easily avoided by Myob.

Can you also advise when this problem is going to be resolved. As you can tell, there are many people who have similar problems.

If it is going to be a very long way away, and considering this issue was raised and posted in February this year, with no commitment by Myob to have this fixed, I will have no alternative but to move to xero. For an extra $20 per month...I'll have no issues. And as an accountant I have no issues recommending the same to others.

I've raised this issue on so many occassions, but there is still no commitment and continues to falls on deaf ears.

The thing is...Myob you are almost there. And I've truly enjoyed seeing the progress and how useful the basics are to my business. But I simply cannot spend hours doing workarounds. Time is money.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @seachange

I have updated the thread on Matching part payments to invoices with the additional information. We appreciate you taking the time to clarify this.

As for the ability to manually update the 'Amount to Apply' field when matching, it is definitely something that our developers are looking into. However I'm unfortunately unable to provide a timeframe on when it may be implemented. 

Thank you again for your patience in the meantime.

MJN
1 Post
Cover User

Definately needed.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @seachange and everyone

Thank you all for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and the matching of non-full payments.

I'm pleased to annouce that you can now match partial payment bank feed transactions in MYOB Essentials using the new Banking experience. For more information please see More flexible matching for bank transactions

seachange
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

That's great to know for all the current users of myob! It will save hours in a day.

2 years was a long time to wait for this feature and unfortunately I've had to move to Xero because without a commitment of a day when this feature was going to be available, if ever, I had no choice but to make the move to Xero in the interim.

I'm very happy with Xero now and the more I use it, the more time I have to work on my businesses instead of in them. Smiley Happy

I reckon myob is very powerful now that it has this feature and will recommend both Xero and Myob highly.