Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Search function for allocation

Contributing Cover User

9Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would be really handy if there was a search function in the allocation window. Would be great if the window was large enough to see more than two lines at a time!

"Search function in allocation window"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. With the new Bank Transactions experience, the transaction match screen is a lot larger, there is also the option to search for possible matches. 

8 Comments
Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion, the ability to search for transactions in the allocation window would be a fantastic addition. For any user looking for this function, please cast your vote here.

JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi PrintFresh

Could you explain which allocation window are you meaning?

Jill

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JillS 

I would assume that @PrintFresh  was referring to the bank feed/bank transactions allocation window. Similar to:

Attachments - Copy (2).PNG

But if you could clarrify for other uses @PrintFresh that would be appreciated.

SuesLe
2 Posts
Cover User

Im finding the essential pretty good just one big problem.  When I have a customer payment in the bankfeed I have to scroll through stacks of Invoices to locate the correct one, even when Ive applied customer payment to a group of invoices beforehand.

It would be great if we could have a search bar at the side like in xero.

Also would be good to have a note when the Invoice was emailed, printed etc.  If I print the Invoice it mahy still be needing to be emailed and sometimes not sure if I have done so.

THE ACCOUNT PAYMENT SEARCH BAR WOULD BE GOOD, PLEASE

Sue

4551 Bookkeeping Services

PrintFresh
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, that's the one.

JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

OK, yes, good idea, has my vote 

Jill

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. With the new Bank Transactions experience, the transaction match screen is a lot larger, there is also the option to search for possible matches. 

Sheryl
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have several clients asking for the ability to search for details over the bank information and coding information.  Eg looking for building would pick up transactions coded to the building expense code and/or bank transactions from firms with Building in their name or details.