Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: ABA file generation for Supplier payments

2Posts

118Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

Good Afternoon

I just came accross this with a client and couldn't believe that this feature was available.  

Our client is on MYOB Essentials and wanted to create an ABA file for bills being paid today.  As this has  been implemented for Payroll it seems only natural that this would be done for supplier invoices as well.

This needs to be implemented as soon as possible as it is very difficult to recommend a client to move to MYOB Essentials when there is no ABA file creation for payments to be made.  This client operates using a Mac so they are limited with MYOB online offerings.  

Regards

Bianca Middleton

"ABA file generation for Bills in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow users to set up and make supplier payments using a bank file (ABA file).

Check out Help Article: Paying suppliers and employees electronically for more information.

55 Comments
mitch63
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

There's no option to send a remittance advice after you pay a creditor either... the list goes on. Every day I find something else this program doesn't have that AccountEdge did. Bring it back.

debsjh
1 Post
User

I'm also stunned that Essentials does not have this feature.  We switched from AccountRight after being assured that the differences between AccountRight and Essentials were minimal for our needs, yet this major functionality is missing.  Very disappointed.

TimberChick
6 Posts
Cover User

Please make batch payments available MYOB, this is a function readily available with so many of your competitors.  Please catch up and and make our lives easier!  Smiley Happy

BWProAdvice
Contributing Partner
30 Posts
Contributing Partner

This has been resolved in New Essentials a couple of weeks ago.

TimberChick
6 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Bronny, can you please provide more details as I can't find any details (in Essentials nor their Support pages) on what the change is and how to process the supplier payments to generate the ABA file.

Tconolan
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

Just looked at a post from 2016 complaining thatABA files are not available to pay creditors.

Now 5 years later and still the same situation.

MYOB you are not listening to your users / customers!

hermitude
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

@Tconolan couldn't agree more. It is ridiculous!!! MYOB does not apear to be interested in any product development. Backwards. 

octbk
4 Posts
User

It seems ridiculous that this feature is not available.  MYOB essentials is obviously capable of doing this as it is available for payroll payments.

BWProAdvice
Contributing Partner
30 Posts
Contributing Partner

Just to confirm this featue is now fully functional in MYOB Essentials

hermitude
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Really! I had no idea. In all the MYOB update information, I didn't see much in it for me. Thank-you for letting us know.

About time... just you know, about 6 years after someone first posted in this feed saying it should be available.

MYOB - so behind it is beyond a joke.