Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

1Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi there,

I recently experienced an issue where my payroll was entered correctly, but the payroll officer made erroneous take home bank transfers to the staff.  As soon as she realised her mistake, she made a second transaction to those staff members that were underpaid to ensure that they received the correct take home amount. So, everything is correct - it's just that some staff were paid for one pay week in two transactions.

Unfortunately, the MYOB live Accounts does not allow you to allocate multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.  I thought there must be a way, so I went onto online support to see if they could help.  As it turns out there is no way and the recommendation was to redo 2 payrolls to precisely match the two net amounts remitted.  I believe that this is a very poor solution.  The integrity of the payroll records should be maintained.  The payroll record is absolutely correct.  It records the hours worked, gross, tax, super and take home pay.  It's just that the take home pay was paid in 2 transactions.  I should not have to fabricate 2 payroll runs to match the two bank transfers.  I strongly believe that the accounting software should allow the allocation of multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.

The software already allows for employees to receive pay "split" into seperate amounts within the Employee Pay setup section - but this is not the same scenario.

Additionally, some staff were overpaid.  In order to adjust for this, the payroll officer paid a lesser amount (by the amount of the overpayment from the previous week) in the following weeks pay to those overpaid staff members.  In this event, we have 2 payroll runs and two payments.  The individual transactions for the two weeks do not match, but they do reconcile precisely to the right payment having been remitted.

I think basically what needs to be able to happen is that any payment should be able to be allocated to any outstanding payroll transactions (or part there of).

Would be interested to hear developer thoughts on this.

"Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.

81 Comments
Lanamiddleby
1 Post
Cover User

This functionality absolutely needs to be an option!! So simple and time saving and no reason why it should be an option  

Oldiggy
1 Post
User

This needs to be changed. It is obvious from other comments that it is a common problem for people.

Viewfield
2 Posts
User

I can't believe this is still an issue after so many complaints over so many years. Thinking about changing accounting software if this is not resolved. There should be an option to allocate/match mannually any number of payments to payroll transactions. 

sajer
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

@Viewfield made the change to Xero years ago, can't believe this is this still an issue with MYOB 10 years on from earliest comment in this thread in 2012! Would recommend Xero, you won't regret it. I have only 1 client left on MYOB who doesn't want to learn new software and it does my head in working on his accounts every quarter - and costs him 2-3 times as much as it takes me 2-3 times as long as it would if he was using Xero!

Viewfield
2 Posts
User

@sajer Was just exploring Xero website again. The main thing that concerns me about changing is loosing access to the last 8 years of data.

StaceySimms
1 Post
User

@CloverQ  with the amount of people commenting for this to be fixed can it please be done? Unable to vote on the link above as mentioned so bringing it to your attention via the comments, thank you.

KellieR
2 Posts
User

It also doesn't work if workers are not paid electronically through MYOB system. you cant split between accounts. this should be simple and it is ridiculously time-consuming

InquisitiveMind
3 Posts
User

I definately support what Sinbad asked. If payroll is correct but the amounts paid out were incorrect then we should be able to allocated 2 transaction pays to the one payroll to easily fix the problem. Crazy that this hasn't been fixed. I'm sure it actually happens to people alot. Easily done.

cleanoptions
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

I too agree with the Product Ideas of:

Banking:  Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

I sometimes wonder if the developers of the software are actual book keepers / accountants and do they realise that sometimes what they are developing if the software world does not work in the real world ?

Please make this adjustment as soon as possible, as I was led to believe that primarly MYOB was to make the accounting side of a business more efficient, but at the moment it seems as though the software is making it more difficult ?????

ShavoneS
2 Posts
User

Is there the plan of bringing this feature in? 8 pages of comments requesting it on a thread that is 10 years old shows that many people want this feature.