Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

1Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi there,

I recently experienced an issue where my payroll was entered correctly, but the payroll officer made erroneous take home bank transfers to the staff.  As soon as she realised her mistake, she made a second transaction to those staff members that were underpaid to ensure that they received the correct take home amount. So, everything is correct - it's just that some staff were paid for one pay week in two transactions.

Unfortunately, the MYOB live Accounts does not allow you to allocate multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.  I thought there must be a way, so I went onto online support to see if they could help.  As it turns out there is no way and the recommendation was to redo 2 payrolls to precisely match the two net amounts remitted.  I believe that this is a very poor solution.  The integrity of the payroll records should be maintained.  The payroll record is absolutely correct.  It records the hours worked, gross, tax, super and take home pay.  It's just that the take home pay was paid in 2 transactions.  I should not have to fabricate 2 payroll runs to match the two bank transfers.  I strongly believe that the accounting software should allow the allocation of multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.

The software already allows for employees to receive pay "split" into seperate amounts within the Employee Pay setup section - but this is not the same scenario.

Additionally, some staff were overpaid.  In order to adjust for this, the payroll officer paid a lesser amount (by the amount of the overpayment from the previous week) in the following weeks pay to those overpaid staff members.  In this event, we have 2 payroll runs and two payments.  The individual transactions for the two weeks do not match, but they do reconcile precisely to the right payment having been remitted.

I think basically what needs to be able to happen is that any payment should be able to be allocated to any outstanding payroll transactions (or part there of).

Would be interested to hear developer thoughts on this.

"Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.

81 Comments
Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @ShavoneS thank you for your post. 

In MYOB Business you can match multiple payroll transactions to one bank feed transaction by clicking on the expand arrow > Match transaction and selecting the payroll transactions. If the payroll transactions don't appear to be matched, go to Banking >Find transactions > locate a payroll transaction > click on the reference number to open the transaction and check the account selected in the Account field and the Payment method.

If the selected account is the correct bank account, in the Bank transactions window click on Match transactions and change the Show filter to All transactions.

If the Payment method is Electronic, the account will be the electronic clearing account. We've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically so the process for electronic payments has changed. You will now need to set up electronic payments and process the electronic payment transaction, you can then match the electronic payment transaction to the bank feed transaction. These Help Articles have detailed information:

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

Regards,

Hannah