Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Individual Payment Terms

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

"Individual Payment Terms (customers and suppliers)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

58 Comments
SimonEl
1 Post
User

When using the intray to upload invoices the most common missing data is the due date. It would be great if you were able to recored the supplier payment terms in the supplier contacts and then be able to select these to automatically be added to invoice date to calculate the due date.

JodyB
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great if in the next update of Essentials, we could have the option to mark individual customers or suppliers with payment terms.  I have some customers/suppliers on 7 days and some on 30 days eom, it is a pain having to remember every individual contact as to what the terms should be.  Also the fact that you cannot click direct into the Contact card, from creating and invoice, to check this is time consuming as well

WGJ
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

THIS IS A VERY BASIC REQUIREMENT FOR A BUSINESS-  WHEN PAYMENT TERMS FOR SUPPLIERS AND CUSTOMERS DO NOT MATCH THE AGREED PAYMENT TERMS - Apart from the embarressment on ours and the other party - IT Costs Both Sides wasted time checking if correct - If we are entering 100's of invoices from suppliers and customers a day you can see how much time this is costing a small business to continullay double check what the agreed terms are and then physically check the invoice due date before posting to MYOB essentials. I know this started out as cheep version of essentials but it is now being srouted as Business essentials without individual payment terms being set at the contact card section - Even Reckon,quickbooks, have this. - We shouldnt have to pay an additional $50 a month to have individual payment terms

SarDruery29
1 Post
User

Please sort this asap is frustrating entering dates for every invoice.

JodyB
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Just wondering if the payment terms for Creditors and Debtors be individualised.  I have customers for instance that are either 7 days, eom or cod.  It's a pain to have to change the payment term each time, especially for regular customers

BW-WBS
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

In accountright I could set the due dates per supplier, but I cant in Business pro. When creating Bills from the in tray, I would like to be able to choose a default due date option.

Pelco
2 Posts
User

Being new to MYOB Business online, coming from Account Right,  I am really frustrated that there is no option to set individual supplier payment terms.  In Account Right I can easily set  supplier terms information  so I don't have to enter that information each time an invoice is entered.  But in the new system I can't see any option to do this.  For companies that have a lot of EOM 30 day account invoices to process it is ridiculous that this option isn't included.  Please amend this as soon as possible.  

Thanks.

MBRFY
4 Posts
User

I would like to set a default Due Date in Bills so that it defaults to Day of Month after EOM Last Day. This would save me so much time if the default could be set, like it can for invoicing.
When you are entering over 30 Bills it would just save time to not have to click, click click & click just to get last day EOM for every Bill.
Or even better, set the default for each contact.

Cruisergirl
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It is rediculous that we cannot set default payment terms for indivual suppliers and that we have to set them for every individual bill. This is so time consuming and annoying!

Lorko
1 Post
User

It's a simple request that will save time with almost all Bill Creations.

How can it be comming up to Ten Years since the original Suggestion?

Might be getting near top of To do list soon