Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create bill: Enter negative bill to generate supplier returns

Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why don't we have the facility to enter a negative bill / adjustment note in the entering bills area.
Seems dumb that we have to enter an adjustment note with more than one step, instead of emailing to bills yo enter.
Just have a box to confirm negative amount = adj note - simples

"Entering adjustment note"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

Entering a negative purchase via Create bill will generate a debit for that supplier that can be applied to a bill or a refund received on it.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

3 Comments
VC1
3 Posts
User

HI MYOB 

I had found it quite tricky when I scanned a credit note from a supplier and cannot be allocated to a bill.

I will need to delete the scanned credit note and manually enter in under supplier return and its a huge pain to find an invoice to offset against

If I can have a negative value entered under the same supplier and it's way more accessible. 

Unfortunately, MYOB essential doesn't have this function to do so.

Please consider my contribution and have something changed.

thanks 

VC

Steve1010
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

I agree ... why can't credit notes be scanned and attached like invoices? Would have thought this would be extremely easy to achieve considering the functionality already exists. I would like to go paperless but this is just a pain if I have to save them to a windows explorer folder given we don't operate on a server therefore nobody else has access to my drive.

Steve

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Entering a negative purchase via Create bill will generate a debit for that supplier that can be applied to a bill or a refund received on it.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.