Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create bill: Warning for duplicate Supplier Invoices Numbers

Cover User

4Posts

56Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

hi!  when using MYOB account right it pops up with a message if you seem to be entering a creditor invoice number in for a second time but with MYOB essentials is doesnt.  Can we get this option in essentials PLEASE!!

*Modified idea's name

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion @heidiwagga

Currently Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate supplier invoice numbers when recording Purchases. I would encourage anyone else who wish to see this option added in Essentials to cast your vote, and leave comments below if required.

36 Comments
Ella4065
1 Post
Cover User

Please please please!!!!!!

QVS
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Desperately need notification of duplicate supplier bills.. has this been made available for MYOB Essentials as yet?

DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User

Doubling up of Sales and Purchase Invoices in MYOB Essentials, this is astounding that it is not part of the program already, it is available in MYOB AR, and MYOB are encouraging Clients to change over to Essentials.  My Client accidently paid a number of bills that had duplicates, his staff process these entries, and was very hostile that this could happen.  I was of the opinion that there was an area in Essentials the same as AR under Preferences for both Sales and Purchases, apparently that is not correct.  Could you please address this as a matter of some urgency, it is an absolutly essential requirement to be able to "Warn for Duplicate Invoice Numbers on Recorded Sales".  Not good enough to simply say it is not available.  Thank You for your Urgent Attention to this matter!

Birnumara
2 Posts
User

yes please, saves us so much time!!

I am very dissapointed in the MYOB essentials software, its a major let down.

JayCP
1 Post
User

WHY IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED?

MErikson
6 Posts
User

This is a very basic function I cannot believe it has not been engineered into this new software as well as the "combine card" feature!!!

susansmith
3 Posts
User

MYOB Essential definitely needs to warn if duplicate invoices.  With 2 people importing Bills into Tray and assigning into MYOB, we are finding OPEN BILLS that arent actually but had been duplicated and paid. when will you do this PLEASE

Deb17
1 Post
User

This feature used to be in MYOB essentials but since the upgrade it seems to no longer work.

I cannot find anywhere for the box to tick to say warn if duplicate number

DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User

Clients are sick of having to keep checking if duplicate entries are in Essentials Purchases and are swapping to Xero.  This has become the norm, why is MYOB not listening to us?

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for all your suggestions. Your idea/feedback has been passed to the relevant team.