Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create journal entry: Ability to tab through window

1Posts

131Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

When entering general journals we are unable to tab through when entering data. 

Using Google Chrome on Mac book air (brand new Oct 2014 with latest software).

Also it would be nice if we could copy journals...same idea as copy invoices.

Thanks,

Omni Payroll Team.  

"Tab Through General Journal & Copy Journals"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Within the Create general journal window in the newer MYOB Essentials platform, users can now tab into fields and navigate using the Tab key.

47 Comments
BPike
2 Posts
Cover User

The general journal entry screen is so slow! You have to add lines all the time and then click in each box with the mouse before you can enter anything - really need quick entry screen where you can tab/return through fields and smaller font so you can see more on the screen at once!

Confuseduser
3 Posts
Cover User

When entering a journal, you are not able to tab through to enter the details, you have to individually double click on sections of the journal. This is also the case when entering some bills and invoices. Would be so much more time efficient to be able to tab through

Jemal
Partner
17 Posts
Partner

Why can't MYOB fix the tabbing issue in Essentials in receive money and the journal entries.   I am a big fan of transaction management via bankfeeds but sometimes a manual input is required.   I just can't believe this has not been a priority.

CarlaB_MVAS_18
2 Posts
Cover User

When entering a long general journal it is very time consuming to have to click each column to enter data:

First click to enter [type account] and click again to enter [type description] and click again to enter [type credit or debit amount] AND click again to start a new line.

My suggestion is to create keyboard shortcuts such as "TAB" or "ENTER" and/or use of the "ARROW KEYS" in the general journal so you can enter data quickly and maneuver between columns and rows. As you already need to type the account, description and amount.

thekenyan
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

It's crazy Carla - people have been asking for this since AT LEAST 2016, but somehow it's not a function.  Cleary developers have not actually entered a journal themselves, ever.

thekenyan
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Couldn't agree more with all of the above - just adding a comment now so that MYOB know this is still RIDICULOUS!! And still a massive problem.  How is it possible that this has not been updated???

SnoopDogg
2 Posts
User

Yes, this infuriates me fo shizzle

MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

We have been asking for this functionality since 2014.  When will it happen?

I have a bookkeeper I work with who has now told me that, because of the useless journal entry screen, if a prospective client uses Essentials she will not take them on.

MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

@thekenyan - the earliest request for this functionality I've seen is **2014**.

I agree, whoever developed the screen has never watched anyone enter journals.

Having to enter the account description rather than number is also aggravating.

MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

2 years later and still nothing