Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create journal entry: Ability to tab through window

1Posts

131Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

When entering general journals we are unable to tab through when entering data. 

Using Google Chrome on Mac book air (brand new Oct 2014 with latest software).

Also it would be nice if we could copy journals...same idea as copy invoices.

Thanks,

Omni Payroll Team.  

"Tab Through General Journal & Copy Journals"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Within the Create general journal window in the newer MYOB Essentials platform, users can now tab into fields and navigate using the Tab key.

47 Comments
MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

Any time I have the chance I tell whoever I'm speaking to at MYOB (including client manager and partner manager) that they are making accountants use the "dumbed down for J Public" version and it's not right. 

We should never have migrated over from BankLink to Essentials.  BankLink was a great product.

MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

Well, it's taken SIX [expletive deleted] YEARS but we just had a meeting with our partner manager who says the tab issue is being addressed in the next upgrade of Essentials.

About [more words deleted] time!

cool4qoo
1 Post
User
please its already 2020
dccahill
1 Post
User

It is tremendously frustrating not being able to tab through when entering journals.  I simply can't believe this has still not been addressed.

AuntyMilne
5 Posts
Cover User

Still a problem 8 years later. Thanks MYOB

MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

If you've been upgraded to the new Essentials you can now tab through journals.  If you haven't been upgraded (should have happened automatically) you'll need to shout at MYOB a bit more.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Within the Create general journal window in the newer MYOB Essentials platform, users can now tab into fields and navigate using the Tab key.