Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Customer statements: Date (range) selection

1Posts

171Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

86 Comments
Mary2019
6 Posts
User

Dear MYOB

Why after so many years is this still an issue for MYOB essentials? About time it was fixed.

I fear it is not that you can't but that you won't ...

AlexBraas
1 Post
User

Would be useful to be able to choose statement dates so if you do current month invoices then do previous month statement it wont bring through the next month invoices

CMSLtd
2 Posts
User

We NEED to be able to select date ranges instead of telling customers that our software simply can't do it without showing them invoices that have been created but are still being reviewed by us prior to sending to the customer. Customers get annoyed and it's not good for us. We come across as inefficient, which is frustrating.  The reports are there but show no total amount owing, so seems a little pointless in that regard. 

Rnat11
1 Post
User

I would like  a date range - I can't understand why this feature doesn't exist already?

HowardN
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@justin2011 wrote:

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Best guess is that MYOB cannot do it.

If it could be done, then after 6 years of asking, a normal person would expect it to be completed by now.

So the only logical conclusion is that some bank end process prevents MYOB from adding this easily.

Xero can do it - have started looking over there for all the things that MYOB can't do.  Maybe time for a change?

Lizzycarebear
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

If we the customer are voting for this option then why has it not been implemented yet. There have been plenty of requests since May 2015  Surely you have enough comments/requests to put this in place now. Come on MYOB this is 2022

EFOO
1 Post
User

It is really frustrating, selecting the date should just avaliable, not sure why it cant be added.. 

Akaora
4 Posts
Cover User

I would liek to have the ability to select a date for statemnts as i dont always send them out. When a customers asks for one it show the current months incomplete invoices as well!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

REITOW2002
4 Posts
User

This would be great if this could be added to the Essentials program.

It is quite difficult to run statements on the exact date you want them to refer to.

Would appreciate if this could be added