Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Customer statements: Date (range) selection

1Posts

171Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

86 Comments
Maria1228
1 Post
User

Can you please add a statement date range so we can print and send our customer specifics?

Travisteao
2 Posts
User

I would like to vote that MYOB Essentials allows its users the options of Sending Customer Statements on request for specific periods and to include both paid and unpaid - overdue balances.  This is a sure request or else we may have to move to Xero.  This is not good.

Lizzycarebear
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to vote that MYOB Essentials allows its users the options of Sending Customer Statements on request for specific periods and to include both paid and unpaid - overdue balances.  This is a sure request or else we may have to move to Xero.  This is not good.

AND WHAT ABOUT REMITTANCES. WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR DECADES. IN TODAYS TECHNOLOGY THIS CANT BE DIFFICULT. ARE YOU HAVING FINANCIAL PROBLEMS OR JUST BONE IDLE

Property_AULtd
2 Posts
User
Come on MYOB team... this is a basic item that the competing products do easily. It can take a few days to get all invoices created and completed at month end. I can manually date those for the last day of any given month. It is only logical to be able to produce a statement for our customers dated the same and embarrasing that I have to explain to our customers that we cannot do that. I have a request from a customer right now on 7th of Dec asking for a statement of activity to 30th Nov. They don't want to see any of early December's activity mixed up in it. Please get onto a fix for this.
Calan
1 Post
User

Definitely need options for the current statement view and date selection options in Essential - Accounting Plus has options so would be great to see essentials with some!

Ness4
4 Posts
User

It would be great if you could add a statement date range / selection in MYOB Essential, essentially it is essential to be able to have this function!

Leo21
2 Posts
User

this is very important, please add the feature

Wazzajt1
1 Post
User

I feel we should be able to send customers a statement up to a certain date such as the end of the month or week. Especially if customers are on monthly accounts adnd statements do not get sent out until during the next month.

HowardN
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The original post was made in 2015.  It is now 2021.

Obviously MYOB is doing nothing to fix this obvious shortcoming.

Just close this post down already and admit that you have no plans to add this basic feature.

Maverick_AKL
9 Posts
User

There can only be 3 reasons that this is not resolved. 

1) MYOB doesn't know about this section of their webpage. 

2) MYOB thinks we're idiots.  

3) MYOB is too cheap to re-hire developers since 2015. 

Come on its been 6 years!