Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

I want to switch back to the old MYOB

Experienced Cover User

27Posts

63Kudos

0Solutions

27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I was recently upgraded to the new MYOB and it should have had more testing before being rolled out to everyone. 

1. When creating a quote it uses the next invoice number. 

2. When the quote has been created invoices are no longer in order as you don't win all quotes. The old system had numbers starting with Q for quote and then when the button was pressed to create invoice from quote it would get the next available invoice number.

3. When you hit the button create invoice from quote it doesn't update the date to the current day and if you send it the invoice is overdue straight away.

4. To many unused coloums.

5. Coloum width too narrow and a lot of wasted space.

6. Support difficult to reach on the phone

7. Phone app doesnt always save quotes.

8. Computer have to have items from inventory. cant have random text like before. 

9. Can't change the order of the line items in the quote if you want to rearrange some items. 

To be honest I am pretty dissapointed in the new product. I want to go back to the old one.

Current Status: Coming Soon
Last Changed: June

Hi thanks for your feedback. I am happy to respond that some of your requests have been actioned by our team, while others are under development and yet others are on the immediate road map. So over the next couple of months you will see the product updated with a lot of the requests you have raised here.

Invoices when converted from a quote will now have the appropriate due dates based on your invoice settings.

Work is curently underway to have quotes use their own numbering system, so as not to make your invoices out of order.

Additionally, we are investigating the best ways to allow our customers to customise the pages the way they see fit.

Watch this space Smiley Happy 

11 Comments
Robyn11
5 Posts
User

Is this MYOBAdvanced?  we are looking at gettng this.

Noremac01
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Robyn11 

My previous post was deleted. The trouble is once you sign up to programs like this you end up stuck in them as they hold all your information. I had MYOB essentials and they have "UPGRADED" (more of a down grade) me and they relesed the product to market before it was ready. The developers should call consumers and find out what needs to be altered straight away and fix up these issues.

limtr
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

So do I, the updated version is not working for me.  I have contact MYOB with not answer to date

Denise71
4 Posts
User

I have the same problem! I want the old version back where there were not the problems there are now!!!!  

RowenaW
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Thank you @Noremac01 you have perfectly summarised all my frustrations from the last week. So many things take so much longer to complete, it is very frustrating. Payroll is also painful.

I also cannot understand why quotes are allocated the next invoice number. They should be entirely separate. And, if you invoice progressively against a quote, each invoice retains the original quote's date rather than defaulting to the actual date - the quote could be six months old!  There are so many little things that are easy to miss in a busy day that we shouldn't have to keep looking out for.

Bowers1
1 Post
User

I manually change the quote numbers (to keep aligned with the old quote numbers) and also find this very frustrating.  You have to be careful that you recheck your invoice numbers to keep them in sequence.

Shoaib1
Admin
6 Posts
Admin

Hi thanks for your feedback. I am happy to respond that some of your requests have been actioned by our team, while others are under development and yet others are on the immediate road map. So over the next couple of months you will see the product updated with a lot of the requests you have raised here.

Invoices when converted from a quote will now have the appropriate due dates based on your invoice settings.

Work is curently underway to have quotes use their own numbering system, so as not to make your invoices out of order.

Additionally, we are investigating the best ways to allow our customers to customise the pages the way they see fit.

Watch this space Smiley Happy 

Maree9
3 Posts
User

Ditto the new software is hopeless I hate to say

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Noremac01 

Thanks for your post. 

I appreciate your comments, I am pleased to inform you that some of your recommendations have already been implemented by our team. while others are still being worked on, and still more are on the short-term road map. As a result, many of the requests you have made will be included in product updates over he course of the next few months. 

In addition, we are looking into the best way to let users edit the pages as they see fit. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance in the future. 

Cheers, 

Cel

Noremac01
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi 

Your response has not answered my query re the numbering system. I see it has been 4 weeks and it has still now been fixed. 

When MYOB was good you had Q for quotes and Inv for invoice numbers.

The system now only follows on from invoice numbers and doesn’t generate its own independent quote numbers.

If you had invoice 1,2,3,4,5 and then quote 6,7,8,9 and don’t win these quotes then your next invoice number would go from 5 to 10.

Why would this not have been picked up by the developers.

If anything it has created a lot more work for all users. I had pointed out multiple issues that needed to be fixed overnight not take months. This down grade should never have been forced on users until it had been tested properly.

I am stuck paying a high price for something that now takes me longer to do

It makes me so angry using this sub par product.