Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Access and edit contact record from Invoices window

4Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User

It would be great to be able to access/update customer details directly from the "Invoice" screen on MYOB Essentials.

Currently if you want to check that you have the correct email or contact person you are invoicing, you have to close the invoice, search and edit contact details if necessary and then once you've saved the updated details, search and open the invoice again before you can send it.

This seems to be tediously time consuming!

A direct link to "contact" from the invoice screen and then a "save & return to invoice" option on the contact screen would save heaps of time.

"Access customer details from invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2015

Hi @Gateman

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and selecting customer details from the invoice.

Currently you would need to go to the Contacts>>View Contacts or Sales>>Invoices and select the Customer name for the relevant invoice. I would encourage other users that would like to see the option for updating/viewing the card directly from the Invoice window to vote and comment if required for this idea.

7 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gateman

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and selecting customer details from the invoice.

Currently you would need to go to the Contacts>>View Contacts or Sales>>Invoices and select the Customer name for the relevant invoice. I would encourage other users that would like to see the option for updating/viewing the card directly from the Invoice window to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Cider
5 Posts
User

+1, this is pretty basic human interface stuff.

Brush_Turkey
2 Posts
User

it would be so much easier to go access the customer card directly from the invoice, like in AR Premier, instead of going to the contact list.  This would save us a lot of time

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Brush_Turkey

Thank you for your sharing your feedback

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

ABS2
9 Posts
User

OMG YES, i really NEED this! It drives me crazy having to close the invoice to go into the customer contact! It would also be great to have it work the other way as well, so when you're in customer contacts, to also be able to search for all invoices and payments related to that customer. 

ABS2
9 Posts
User

It was suggested on this forum back in 2015 by a user that we be able to get to a customer's invoice from the contact screen, without having to close it, then go back to Sales>Invoices. I'm pretty disappointed that it's now 2020 and this simple user interaction still hasn't been developed! It's tedious and time consuming and frustrating from an end user perspective to have to go to Sales>Invoices to be able to look up customers and their invoices, and not be able to get to it from the Contacts section. 

Get your act together MYOB Essentials! 

s1fter
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

This is such a simple fix and would be a great feature as we used it al ot on Account Edge, and yet 5 years on still has not been implimented, so sad.