Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Add new customer - Enter phone number

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When setting up new customers during the invoiceing process, it would save a lot of time if all customer details could be accessed and entered. In other words enter the customers phone number(s). this would save having to edit the customer detais after raising an invoice. 

"Setting up new customers"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Using the Create customer option from within the Customer list on an Invoice within MYOB Essentials will allow the user to store a phone number as part of that contact creation. The phone number field is located in the Billing address section.

6 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your suggestion @Nevillethetech 

I can see being able to fill in full customer details when adding a customer during the invoicing process would speed up the work flow. I encourage other users who wish to see this ability to cast your vote and/or leave comments. 

Di-Di
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

When entering a new contact while doing an invoice you open the drop down box there is no where to enter a phone number or email. But it has country?

I'm sure most uses would much rather phone/mobile and email. As apposed to country. It is email or phone that you will need before anything else. Can you please look at this soon.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Di-Di

Thank you for the feedback.

This idea has already been brought up in the Essentials Idea Exchange, therefore I've merged your idea with this one. I would encourage you to cast your vote here by clicking on '+Vote' next to the idea topic, the votes will help our developers prioritise their work.  

Di-Di
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

That first comment was 6 months ago. I don't need all the details if that's too hard. Just the important ones.

Delete country, suburb whatever and insert phone and email! Please

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Di-Di

Thank you for your additional feedback in regards to this idea. I've shared your comments with the team

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Using the Create customer option from within the Customer list on an Invoice within MYOB Essentials will allow the user to store a phone number as part of that contact creation. The phone number field is located in the Billing address section.