Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Default tax exclusive option

1Posts

58Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

I provide all my business to business quotes as price + GST. The tool currently defaults to 'tax included', which has repeatedly cost me 10% on deals when I'm doing batches of invoices at month end.

My request is that either, MYOB will use some machine learning to define my habit and default quotes and invoices to my preferred settings, or, that there is a configuration option added so that I can change the default.

Thanks, Jeff

"Tax excluded by default in quotes and invoices"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Business/Essentials will remember the last option selected for the Tax Inclusive or Tax Exclusive. This does mean users can set their invoices to exclusively be tax exclusive without the need to change it each time.

9 Comments
DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Jeff

Best of luck getting anything useful from MYOB 

I agree that they need to allow the user to set what defaults suit their business and not what some programmer who has not a clue decide what is "best for us" as seems to be the case 

Darryl

Ian2015
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I find that in a lot of areas and it would be good to be able to change the defalt

Robbie01
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would be useful when doing invoices to be able to set the GST to exclusive instead of defaulting to inclusive. 

Louise12345
4 Posts
Cover User

YESSS, Please this is super annoying to have to change every invoice.

MatthewJR
3 Posts
User

Totally agree. Everything we do is invoiced as tax exclusive amounts and I've been caught a couple times forgetting to manually change it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Aaron2
2 Posts
User

so annoying ... onya MYOB

AEB
1 Post
User

This would be so helpful. Why change this feature in the upgrade?

adminCRF
2 Posts
User

Couldn't agree more! This has almost cost us thousands of dollars!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Business/Essentials will remember the last option selected for the Tax Inclusive or Tax Exclusive. This does mean users can set their invoices to exclusively be tax exclusive without the need to change it each time.