Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Tab to the description field from the item

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

With previous LiveAccount system when you entered an item and pressed tab or enter it would go to description to allow you to amend any issues with description or fine tune the description for the item and then you could tab across to the units, price etc. now when you enter an item it automatically goes to units and it's very very frustrating when you have a lot of items that you need to fine tune.

"Invoice Tab Through"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

5 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea HeathZ. Generally item names and descriptions wouldn't change between invoices though I can understand this may not suit every business. It sounds like you are needing to modify the description on every invoice and every line. We would love to hear what others think about this? Would it help if there was a preference so you could choose specific columns are skipped? Please add a vote if you would like to see this functionality added.
HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We're a mechanical shop, we cant have every single part listed for every single car in existence as an item so of course it needs to change often. We have generic items listed for instance Fan Belt but there's a 1000 diff fan belt lengths and types, we obviously need to be able to enter fan belt and then be able to quickly enter 2250mm or whatever the type may be before we tab over to amount etc

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the update and additional information @HEATHZ.

We can see why you would prefer to be taken across to the Description field to make the necessary changes, before moving across to other fields in the invoice.

We hope to be able to bring about changes to enable this in a future update. 

Regards,

Suja

MYOB Support

HEATHZ
Experienced Cover User
125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Now since the update this is also happening in the Supplier Invoice page as well.  It is rediculous, there is no way I can have entered the thousands and thousands of items that are unique for so many different vehicles.  Is this going to get amended?  Why would you change something that was working fine before? Now instead of it taking seconds to enter an invoice it takes minutes x it by bulk invoices and it is beyond a joke.

Can someone please contact me to cancel my subscription or can I do it through the "NEW AND IMPROVED" interface of MYOB Essentials? I've already spoken to my accountant about ditching MYOB for good so now I need to get the subscription sorted.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages