Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Items: Selling Price including GST

4Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New Zealand

Currently LiveAccounts only offers a GST exclusive Item Sell price and two decimal places for the price.

This causes issues like the following:

A $36 inc. GST price becomes 31.40. Which then means if I invoice for a couple of these, the invoice (GST inclusive) displays:

• a unit price of $35.99  -  I want $36
  • a total of $71.99  -  this is neither the $72 figure I wanted nor 2x $35.99

Please add either a GST inclusive Item Sell price or 3 decimal places for GST ex.

Many thanks!

"Item Sell price including GST OR 3 decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow the user to select whether they wish for the selling price to be tax inclusive or tax exclusive when setting up their items.

37 Comments
MishMas65
3 Posts
Cover User

I have been looking at a feed requesting the option to enter items into the system to include the gst that goes back to 2014? Can someone please tell me has this been done? If not is it going to be an option in the future?

Regards

Michelle

M_R77
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please can we have the option to enter items including GST! After four years (since the first enquiry on this thread), it has been requested, but is still under review?

Entering items including GST would save a lot of time in the invoicing side of the business.

For example I have an item for $60 including GST.

If I enter it as an item:

$54.55 (excluding tax), it becomes $60.01

$54.54 (excluding tax), it becomes $59.99

Accounting software is meant to save time, not make it more time consuming. Please make this an option ASAP!

I believe accounting software should make our job faster to complete not longer.

SnAHomefix
1 Post
Cover User

We REALLY need the option to enter a Tax Inclusive price for an Item! 

XERO can do this for long already!!!! 

Cygnetics
6 Posts
Cover User

It is really annoying 

I am testing Xero using their free trial option

Cannot believe this thread is open since 2014 and MYOB is not listening

Pathetic attitude 

Altersh
1 Post
User

Concerning to see that the request for Item Prices to have the option to include GST dates back to 2011. We had planned to subscribe to Essentials on the 1st March 2019 but this is actually a deal breaker. One simple example a product price is set at $425.00 - once we caluculate the price exc GST and invoice it, the amount becomes $425.01.

Do we have the time to jump through hoops for something so frustrating - I don't think so. Getting straight to the point MYOB - do you have any intention to resolve this and if so when ?

LJM14
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

Xero has far better features. I made the switch after MYOB showed no effort to resolve little function errors. Haven't looked back!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow the user to select whether they wish for the selling price to be tax inclusive or tax exclusive when setting up their items.