Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB ESSENTIAS

Experienced User

17Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

Dear MYOB,

Here is a great idea, fix MYOB "NEW ESSENTIALS" to how OLD essentials was

1. The process of printing an invoice to PDF now has 2 extra steps where before was One button press "print"
  2. The bank transactions now when allocating to an invoice no longer record in the invoice the bank feed description to reference quickly but reference "CPXXXXXX" making it harder to cross check things. This is a departure from the previous MYOB Essentials
  3. AUTO consecutive number for Invoices & Quotes has disappeared. MYOB randomises the number and makes both quotes & invoices the same numbering system. It is bizarre
  4. Quotes or Invoices can no longer have the customer name changed once saved
  5. The Description field in Quotes/Invoices is far too narrow. Widen it similar to OLD essentials

Everything in old essentials was far better than your so called NEW upgraded essentials

4 Comments
rjnixon10
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Essentials used to work fine on a tablet as well - now nearly impossible to allocate bank feeds on a tablet.

Is anyone listening to what is being said - printing invoices and statements is now bizaar having more steps to do basic stuff.

Just give us a PRINT button that goes to the printer

SuperGas400
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

This is not an upgrade this is an over complicated mess that doesnt seem to work correctly...................... i am almost over this waste of time, i prefer to be more productive running my business than trying to work through all this rubbish 

Is there any way to go back to the old format, atleast everythig worked 

denise07051951
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

I agree 100%. I do not understand the reasoning for the changes. The old MYOB Essentials was perfect. It is like the system was built by someone learning the trade. Most annoying. I must double check everything.  Almost ready to go to another accounting system. Essentials does not need all the extras being offered. Oh, and now the subscriptions are on the rise. Paying more for a lot less if you ask me. 

dora1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

Directed to MYOB,

THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING ABOUT THESE CHANGES ISNT ACTUALLY THE CHANGES THEMSEVLES. ITS THAT MYOB DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ON BOARD FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY USE AND PAY FOR THE SOFTWARE

TRULY DISAPPOINTING AND COMPLETE MISTAKE TO CHANGE TO NEW (INFERIOR) ESSENTIALS