Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

3Posts

105Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

Can there be a check box added that will automatically add the fee's associated with Pay Direct Online to the invoice if i choose to pass them on. Once checked it should add a disclaimer to the invoice that a 2.2% + 0.25 cent transaction fee applies to all payments processed through this service.

Then when the customer selects view invoice they should be presented with 2 options:

firstly - print and pay (direct debit/cheque) the normal invoice amount

secondly - a pay now button that has the service charges added, which should also clearly state they are MYOB charges. The pay now button would need to automatically generate an updated or a standalone invoice for the transaction fee's

"PayDirect Online"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Business allows users to on charge the credit card surcharge for online payments to the customer.

For more information on surcharging please see Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments

41 Comments
AAAR
1 Post
Cover User

We would like MYOB to automatically add the credit card surcharge fee onto the the final invoice when the customer proceed to pay with credit card online.

harvey_fred
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Just received a MYOB bill for all the credit card payment surcharges since I added online payments as an option- thinking it was automatically being added at the customer's end.

I'm thinking of opting out of online payments for this reason.  The surcharge can't be included in the invoice as an item if the customer decides to pay by direct debit so therefore I can't cover myself for the surcharge if they decide to pay by credit card.  There should absolutely be a box that can be ticked explaining the surcharge and the customer accepts it as happens in most credit card transactions these days.  It is too much for small businesses to have to carry that charge as well.

laurenhasqs
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

On a 5k invoice I was charged $125 ish dollars with no ability to have the customer pay the surcharge. Come on MYOB. Your Great in some areas.. SLOOOWWWWW in obvious ones. Like this. Easy fix really. hurry up.

PeachOz
3 Posts
Cover User

There’s no way I’m activating this pay online thing unless I can pass the fees on to the customer for the convenience of them paying this way. 

Also, take the option off the invoices if it hasn’t been activated! I don’t want to separately check each invoice.

I am looking at changing to Xero because I am so sick of this!

brad11111111
1 Post
Cover User

I would use this product if the fees could be added on to the invoice.

@knightpilotwrote:

Can there be a check box added that will automatically add the fee's associated with Pay Direct Online to the invoice if i choose to pass them on. Once checked it should add a disclaimer to the invoice that a 2.2% + 0.25 cent transaction fee applies to all payments processed through this service.

Then when the customer selects view invoice they should be presented with 2 options:

firstly - print and pay (direct debit/cheque) the normal invoice amount

secondly - a pay now button that has the service charges added, which should also clearly state they are MYOB charges. The pay now button would need to automatically generate an updated or a standalone invoice for the transaction fee's

SamKlann
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User

You dont know at the time of sending the invoice how the customer will pay.

Then they pay by Cr card and you are hit with the paydirect fee by MYOB (and you have to wait 3 business days for your cash but thats another complaint)

At the time of payment can the MYOB fee be added so that we can recoup the out pocket?  The RMS do this when you pay rego online.

Thanks

Sam

LPA
1 Post
Cover User

Great idea and surely a must??

I personally cant use this feature until we have the ability to pass on the merchant costs.

GM73
6 Posts
Cover User

When a customer receives their email and clicks the link they go right to the "pay now" option which is for online payments which all incur a cost to me. It is not easy for them to see and use the direct deposit details.... they must actually view the invoice, then look right to the bottom to find it.

Laziness or convenience therefore makes most customers use the most costly (for me) option.

Why don't they get to look at the invoice first, then select an online payment option from the bottom, alongside the deposit details, if they choose.

Then as pointed out, we need the option to pass on charges for those methods.

Comsol
2 Posts
Cover User

I am new to MYOB essentials and one reason I transferred over was for this option.  I was of the understanding from speaking to MYOB sales that the surcharge was added automatically.

As a small business I cannot afford to absorb this cost, so I either have to include the markup in all my quotes - which is not the way I want to run my business, or not use this function at all, which sort of defeats the purpose for my move.

spvw
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Options to surcharge the customer and add this to the invoice if they wish to pay this way should definitely be added. I also question why BPay and Credit Card pay options should be bundled together? BPay is really a direct transfer from cheque/savings accounts which my clients can do anyway as a direct bank transfer - why would I want to pay the merchant fee for a customer to use BPay when they can just do a direct bank transfer at no cost to me? I believe BPay and Credit Card should be separately choosable options.