Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

3Posts

105Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

Can there be a check box added that will automatically add the fee's associated with Pay Direct Online to the invoice if i choose to pass them on. Once checked it should add a disclaimer to the invoice that a 2.2% + 0.25 cent transaction fee applies to all payments processed through this service.

Then when the customer selects view invoice they should be presented with 2 options:

firstly - print and pay (direct debit/cheque) the normal invoice amount

secondly - a pay now button that has the service charges added, which should also clearly state they are MYOB charges. The pay now button would need to automatically generate an updated or a standalone invoice for the transaction fee's

"PayDirect Online"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Business allows users to on charge the credit card surcharge for online payments to the customer.

For more information on surcharging please see Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments

41 Comments
renee4444
11 Posts
User

please allow this soon. i am not going to use this feature untill the surcharges can be automatically added. i have been waiting for over 12 months.

TotalGardenCare
2 Posts
User

We would also benefit majorly from this feature. MYOB, what are you doing? It's 2019 dammit.

TotalGardenCare
2 Posts
User

We would also benefit majorly from this feature. MYOB, what are you doing? It's 2019 dammit

AndrewKelly
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I noticed they released a message that they have turned on accepting AMEX but still not a word on the ability to add this surcharge to the client invoice. 

SteveCIR
2 Posts
Cover User

This needs to be pushed as an ability for a provider to oncharge the fees to the client. The fact that for large sums of invoices being charged at 1.8% plus a transaction fee merely eats into the profit margin for that one invoice.

Its a great function to have for online payments, however as a business we should have the say whether these charges are onforwarded or absorbed.

PeachOz
3 Posts
Cover User

SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PROVIDE THIS?! Anyone from MYOB going to answer?! Original post was 2.5 YEARS AGO FFS!

Ross77
1 Post
User

Really need this function, I always turn off this option. I dont want to pay additional fees.... Its hard enough as it is!!

AndrewKelly
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can't belive we are 4 years down the track with this Smiley Sad Such a simple add on. 

NikkiH
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User

Can't believe how old this post is and still not something we have the option for - its crazy that this is something still not available!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Business allows users to on charge the credit card surcharge for online payments to the customer.

For more information on surcharging please see Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments