Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

3Posts

105Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

Can there be a check box added that will automatically add the fee's associated with Pay Direct Online to the invoice if i choose to pass them on. Once checked it should add a disclaimer to the invoice that a 2.2% + 0.25 cent transaction fee applies to all payments processed through this service.

Then when the customer selects view invoice they should be presented with 2 options:

firstly - print and pay (direct debit/cheque) the normal invoice amount

secondly - a pay now button that has the service charges added, which should also clearly state they are MYOB charges. The pay now button would need to automatically generate an updated or a standalone invoice for the transaction fee's

"PayDirect Online"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Business allows users to on charge the credit card surcharge for online payments to the customer.

For more information on surcharging please see Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments

41 Comments
dean000000
1 Post
Cover User

Please make this happen, 

I need to turn my pay now option off as there is no surcharge 

harvey_fred
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have had to remove my pay online option as no action was taken to address the issue of transferring the surcharge to the customer.  MYOB, please advise when action has been taken and I will happily turn it back on again.

lindso
Trusted Cover User
117 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I don't know if this has also been suggested but it falls within creditcard surcharge and may also apply here...we do charge a credit card surcharge (and not had any backlash from customers) and every time I need to add a credit card surcharge I have to add it to the invoice (which has already been printed and recorded) and then record the payment for the full payment amount - in previous versions of AccountRight I could simply record the payment and the credit card surcharge would be recorded as a finance charge against that particular invoice. If I attempt to do that now AccountRight creates a new invoice just for the surcharge component and it doesn't apply against the particular invoice for which the payment was recorded. This feature was working well and it was changed when AccountRight underwent it's major facelift - any change this feature can be reinstated to save ridiculous amounts of time going back and forth to add a credit card surcharge?

EAndrews
1 Post
Cover User

I find it dissapointing that MYOB will not allow the credit card surcharge to be placed on customers if they elect to pay by credit card. How can you cater as a software provider to small and medium businesses when this is impacting cashflow ? You are currently promoting this option however it appears that you fail to visibly note that charges will be incurred by the business.  I think this needs to be a priority in terms of system development. 

AndrewKelly
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I totally agree! From a technical view this is a very simple coding fix. I am floored as to the reason MYOB would refuse to enable this function! 

MrsC1965
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This feature absolutely must happen.  We will NOT activate this feature until we can recover the costs of accepting credit cards as the fees come out of our profit and that doesn't work for us at all.  Crazy that it wasn't made available when the feature was first made available.  MYOB you need to catch up please.

Colin_ODW
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is urgently required. Happens at 99% of all retail outlets now if you choose to pay by card.

Hulio
1 Post
Cover User

Definitely would benefit from an automatic recovery for the credit card fees. This becomes a large expense for the business when large number of invoices are paid by credit card.

Banno
3 Posts
Cover User

Please add automatic surcharge fee to invoice if paying via credit card that covers the 2.2% and the 25 cent fee.

AndrewKelly
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

2.5 years in and we still don't a basic yet critical checkbox from MYOB! Appaling.