Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay items: Per km rate

Experienced Cover User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

We have a logistics company.

We pay our drivers "per kilometer" (this can be up to 6060km a week).

The "per kilometre rate" can differ for each employee - depending on the truck size being driven (single, B double etc).   

As there is no option for us to enter the number of weekly kilometres driven, we had to create a pay category "amount paid for kilometres driven".

Once we have manually calculated the (weekly total km's x the drivers pay rate), on a separate spreadsheet, we then have to enter the final dollar into MYOB (creating more work than should be necessary).

The ability to set up each driver with their pay rate per km, and to have a "KM's" column would be the ideal scenario.

So once I have set up the employees pay rate, all I need to do is enter in how many kilometres she/he has driven, and MYOB will calculate the pay. 

I havent found Essentials very user friendly, and it really doesn't cater to our type of business.

"Logistics business - paid per km (not hourly or on salary)"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

2 Comments
MJTrucking
1 Post
User

We own a tranport company and a number of our drivers are paid a kilometre rate, not hourly rate. 

Would like to suggest making this an option when i input details into payslips.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages